Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
srhagle1979
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

Post by srhagle1979 »

Janet Evanovich was the first author that I wanted to read everything she wrote. I find her books to be hilarious, upbeat, action filled, and with a hint of romance. Janet made me fall in love with her characters and I couldn't put the books down until I was complete done. I am embarrassed to type this, but I actually called into work a couple of times just so I could finish the book I was reading.
Kelsey909

Post by Kelsey909 »

Ellen Hopkins is my absolute favorite author. I have read all her books multiple times. As soon as she comes out with a new one, i have it ordered within that week. She has a way of capturing all your attention, and you never want to put her books down.
vanessaonelove
Currently Reading: A Return to Love
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessaonelove.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B013EX0QM6

Post by vanessaonelove »

Stephen King Rules! LOL. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who got started here and still loves his work. I read all the Stephen King novels available in the 80s as a teenager. I loved every single one of them but my favorite, and still one of my all time best books, was Needful Things. Its a King classic! Whereas a lot of his stories can be gory and driven by horror, this book has a similar undertone but the story is so personal and human and the characters well woven and gripping including the owner of the store. The plot is incredible; with twists and turns that will leave you breathless. In my case this is one of the few books that had me shouting at characters to try and prevent them of doing what you know will lead to chaos and destruction. It is a masterful story that really shows how human ego can drive people do THE most crazy and horrific things to satisfy their needs...
STOPEMAILS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alleycat393.html
Latest Review: Third Chances by Dan Petrosini

Post by STOPEMAILS »

Robin Cook was the first author I read everything by. His books inspired me to study science. I read everything by JK Rowling including her works under the name Robert Gailbraith. I also try and read everything by Dan Brown, Michael Connelly and Lee Child.
LindaBaldridge82
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by LindaBaldridge82 »

Richard Paul Evans. Every single book he has written is great. Of course,that's in my opinion. I have yet to read a bad book by him. On top of being a great author, he seems to be a very generous person over-all. His work with at-riak youth and foster children,in particular, is inspiring.
johnny99

Post by johnny99 »

Kurt Vonnegut, although there may be some magazine articles I've missed.
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

I can't recall anymore. In general, my reading practce is to read all the novels or most of the novels by a certain author if I like their writing style or their written voice. Sometimes though I only read those with similar style like with Terry Pratchet. I have read all his Discworld novels numbering more than 40. Many of them I have reread multiple times but I am yet to read any of his scifi novels (though I do plan to read them eventually).
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Danielle Steele. She gave me a peek a whole new and different world that I didn't even know existed!
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Candice_13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-candice-13.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Candice_13 »

Diana Wynne Jones. I started on a side book from the So You Want To Be A Wizard? series in middle school and read everything my library had by the end of that summer.

High School was Piers Anthony...so hard to find some of his books, though.

Currently, Richelle Mead. I started in the YA series but now fancy a new series that isn't getting much love from publishers. Age of X is like American Gods but on a larger scale.
KasieMiehlke
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by KasieMiehlke »

Robert Jordan and P.J. Parrish
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

It was Junie B. Jones when I was kindergarten. I went to the library at my school every morning and checked out two of them and then just kept getting others after Junie B Jones. Never stopped reading lol
sbcollins

Post by sbcollins »

When I was a kid, I had to read all of the Cam Jansen books.
As an adult, I think the first time I really experienced this was Markus Zusak or Vonnegut. Currently I think the author I most want to take a deep dive into is Murakami.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

JK Rowling. Unfortunately my teenage and Harry's coincided, so I had to wait a lot before getting the next book!
Michael Crichton. I discovered him quite late. 'Jurassic Park' is the first book by him I read, and after I simply had to read his entire works (Still haven't gotten around to read any non-fiction by him, though.)
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

Barbara Kemenye's Moses series. I read all the series and repeated most of them.
Osuma
Currently Reading: Ruby's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Osuma »

This Are Couple Of Authors That I Love Reading Their Books ; Dan Chaon ,tc Boyle ,lord Byron ,douclas Adams ,foster Wallace! But The Only Book I Have Manage To Read To End It The Bible!

Return to “Discuss Authors”