Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

Post by Haute_Coffee »

My first “grownup” book was by Stephen King when I was ten and I got hooked. I started going through my mom’s collection and used bookstores. I’m 38 and I still haven’t read them all. I’m pretty close though!
rebecca_zakayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by rebecca_zakayo »

daniel steel ,i have read around 5 books from this author
Shashwata
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shashwata »

I was completely enamored by the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. This was a loooong time ago :] Their world and their adventures fascinated me.
monadb 1948
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by monadb 1948 »

As I read there came tears, laughter, anger, sympathy. I wanted to read the last chapter first and get ahead of the author. I couldn't wait to see what he was going to say next. I didn't want to put the book down. I was taken to the depths of the ocean, the pinnacle of every mountain, the highest star and further. I could feel every feeling he felt as he wrote. I would hurt, be happy, be disappointed, sad, concerned, sympathetic, giggling and let down when the book ended. I would immediately search to find the next book or the next ten that I had not known was out and in the stores.

I couldn't wait to get home and start reading and wouldn't stop until I had finished it. I was a little angry if I was interrupted or had to put it away for a while. I loved his books, his insight, his ability to take you right into the middle of the situation and bring you to a surprise ending, an unexpected conclusion, a joy just to know and feel what the characters felt as he told their story. He was hard to pull myself from and as I read I kept thinking about how I would get his next masterpiece that I knew would be better than all that had come before it.

His name is Max Lucado and I know for certain that I read "everything" he wrote. I was a little sad when I had read all of his work and had to wait for the next edition to be on sale. He is a gifted author, bringing you into the past, future, good times, bad times----any feeling you could feel he could take you there. He is one of my favorite authors and will continue to be. I would be hard pressed to find another I like so well. Mona Brown
gkgurley
Favorite Book: The Two Towers
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkgurley.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gkgurley »

I loved Anne of Green Gables and read every single book in that series. I also read all of Tolkien at a surprisingly young age. Usually, if I like one book by someone, I read them all. I like following an author's work and getting to know them through their different stories.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

I’m pretty sure I have nearly everything by Isabel Allende. I have to thank my Spanish teacher for introducing me to La Casa de los Espiritus. I fell in love.
Berry :wine:
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

Probably JK Rowling.
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

Enid Blyton. I remember her books vividly. They were pure innocent escapism for a child of my era. This will age me! :D
Terra7
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terra7.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Terra7 »

Agatha Christie. Her books were an addiction for the longest time, and there are so many!
bclayton13
Currently Reading: Roanoke
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bclayton13.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by bclayton13 »

Brian Jacques. I picked up one of his Redwall books in elementary school and was immediately hooked. I was still hooked on him in middle school and rereading in high school (though I had already branched our to other authors by then)
Amanda_M
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amanda_M »

The boxcar children was my favorite series growing up. Luckily my mom saved most of the books, and now I'm reading them to my own kiddo.

As an adult I love Nicholas Sparks, and lately have been reading anything written by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
_mylilyotv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by _mylilyotv »

When I was a child, I was determined to read everything that Jaqueline Wilson had written and I did read most of them before I grew up and went completely off her books.
A few years ago I discovered an author called Iain Rob Wright while I was scrolling through my kindle, I fell in love with the way he writes horror and made my way through ALL of his books. I do have a few to catch up on now but I'm definitely going to read them all! I've re-read quite a few of them too, If you haven't read any of his books and you love a good horror I recommend you give him a go!
oceana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oceana.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II

Post by oceana »

The first author that I had to read everything by was Brian Jacques. His Redwall series was so good that I went to the library every chance I got to get more until all of them were read and I was disappointed. :(
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

Sarah Dessen was the first "gotta read 'em all" author I read. I loved every YA romance she wrote.

I've tried to reread them as an adult, but I've gotten too old for them. :(
bukworm543
Currently Reading: The Art of Rest
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by bukworm543 »

When I was a kid, I loved the Boxcar Children series, and the Nancy Drew series. As an adult, I have enjoyed reading numerous works by John Steinbeck and Jodi Picoult.

Return to “Discuss Authors”