L.M. Montgomery

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
azurething
Bookshelf Size: 0

L.M. Montgomery

Post by azurething »

If there are any fans of the Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery out there, I would like to know: What's your favourite LMM novel? Mine is The Blue Castle.
KaeMartyndale

Post by KaeMartyndale »

I'm a fan of the classic Anne of Green Gables.

I always had a secret crush on Gilbert. ;)
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Oh how I loved Anne of Green Gables. I read the whole lot, then the Rilla of Ingleside stuff afterwards. I too was in love with Gilbert Blythe, but it was no secret. I wanted Anne Shirley to be my best friend, and Diana Barry too. I wanted to live with Marilla and Matthew. Sigh... I think I will have to read all of those again soon.
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

alot_like_christmas

Post by alot_like_christmas »

im a huge LM Montgomery fans..especially of the all the anne books...I recently discovered that Kevin Sullivan, the director behind orginial Anne of Green Gables films, has made a new movie in the trilogy.
It was always a favourite of mine growing up and I know it's something the entire family would enjoy watching together.
The trailer for the film can be seen on the sullivan movies website.
Cath_leen

Post by Cath_leen »

I like Anne of the Green Gable most of all.
I liked how the story of Anne and Gilbert goes on :P
Pecorino

Post by Pecorino »

KaeMartyndale wrote:I'm a fan of the classic Anne of Green Gables.

I always had a secret crush on Gilbert. ;)
I seriously thought it was just me :D Loved the Anne of Green Gables series as a child. Every time I would finish reading a book I'd run down to the school library to borrow the next one!
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

When life is good and I'm content, I still quote the ending "God's in his heaven, all's right with the world".

(With apologies for my memory).
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
thsavage2
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thsavage2.html
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday

Post by thsavage2 »

Anne of Green Gables and the following novels will always hold a special place in my heart because they are the first books I remember reading with a flashlight after I was supposed to be in bed. They are wonderful books, especially for young girls, and I think they have a very strong message of 'just be who you are' and that's something that is sometimes hard to find now. I actually see pieces of Anne in Hermione from Harry Potter.

(Um, was there anyone who didn't have a crush on Gilbert Blythe? Because I also totally did.)
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I was a fan as a child. Great Canadian author. As an adult I actually directed the musical "Anne of Green Gables". Fun show
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
literarylover+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarylover.html

Post by literarylover+ »

Oh that is a tough one! Probably "Anne of Green Gables" just because it was the first book I ever read more than once! I loved her Emily trilogy though too!
GKCfan
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkcfan.html
Latest Review: The Silent Shadow by Pat S. Clarke

Post by GKCfan »

I liked "Anne of Green Gables." The later books in the series were good, but I thought that Anne was most interesting when she was a little girl, and more imaginative. I also (SPOILERS) missed a character who died in the first book.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I am a big fan of the Emily of New Moon trilogy, a little more so than the Anne books, although I enjoyed those as well. Her writing style is magical!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Ealasaid
Favorite Author: Unfair To Ask That
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 284">Emily of New Moon</a>
Currently Reading: The Princes of Ireland: The Dublin Saga
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ealasaid.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ealasaid »

To this day, her Emily series is one of my all-time favorite series. I re-read it every couple of years. The pages are dog-eared, but oh how I love those books! I do love the Anne books, but Emily has always been my favorite. It is my dream to one day visit PEI.
allwritemel1967

Post by allwritemel1967 »

Loved Anne of Green Gables but the only other one I've read I was less impressed with ... it was about a girl who had to go to live with her aunt (none of her family wanted her) after her father had died ... to be fair, I am goig to give that another go ... i didn't end up reading all of it ...
kaitlynic
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlynic.html

Post by kaitlynic »

My favorite is probably Anne of Green Gables, but I like Kilmeny of the Orchard too. I recently bought the rest of her books and stories that I could find so I can read the ones I haven't read yet.

Return to “Discuss Authors”