Sarah J. Maas

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
MorganKnightOfficial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganknightofficial.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Sarah J. Maas

Post by MorganKnightOfficial »

My favorite fantasy author is Sarah J. Maas. Her plots are complex and beautifully interwoven, her prose is gorgeous and quotable and her characters are realistic and memorable. She writes characters that one can fall in love with.
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

True. I love Sarah J. Mass writing style, and also the deepth she gives to the characters personalities. Aelin is my favorite character, the portrayal of her trauma is amazing and so realistic. Also, she is a strong female character who enjoys the typical 'feminine' thing (like prizing her perfumes, clothing, shoes and jewelry), and goes against that whole stereotype that to be a strong woman you have to ignore these things. (because after all, feminism is about choosing when, how, or if, you want to care about these things that are considered 'feminine', not abandoning them)

Something that I also love about her books, is how the protagonist never stays with the first guy she has a relationship with. And she makes so that the readers don't mind at all (i know a lot book series where even after the protagonist broke up the relationship with the person and ended up with another, people still kept shipping them. I never saw that happening with the ToG and the ACOTAR series).
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Post by Grace Bela »

Her work is so great! Someone introduced me to the Throne of Glass books and I'm in love with them! The characters are so well developed and the plot and action aren't overshadowed by all of the amazing romantic subplots, making this book very well balanced. ACOTAR wasn't as good to me, but I'm still a big fan of her style. Which series do you prefer: TOG or ACOTAR?
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

I started reading Throne of Glass and I'm really liking it. Going to get the full set and A Court of Thorns and Roses.

Return to “Discuss Authors”