James Patterson

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Terri2
Bookshelf Size: 0

James Patterson

Post by Terri2 »

What do you think of James Patterson?

James Patterson has been criticized by Stephen King, who called Patterson's books "dopey thrillers." Patterson shrugged off the comments, stating that he wants to be the "thrillingest thriller writer of all time". Patterson's last 16 novels have not only been No. 1 best sellers, but have also grossed more than $1 billion in sales.
WiPoet

Post by WiPoet »

While I've never read any of his books, they've always looked promising. King, on the otherhand, is hit-or-miss. Many times I've read his novels and try to figure what I just read or skip paragraphs. When he's good, he's good, such as "The Green Mile" and "The Stand." I've tried to get into "The Dark Tower" series, but I can't.

Dean Koontz now, he will ALWAYS be my favorite author.
shelley_k

Post by shelley_k »

His books are defenitly page turners! I have read alot of his books not included in the Alex Cross series because im holding off untill i can find the first book, btw does anyone know wich one it is in that series? But i gotta say the last book of his i read was Boat House. Fantastic novel! i loved every page of it!!!!! XD defenitley an overall great author. But can someone please get back to me on my question? much appreciated ^-^

xoxo
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I haven't read any of his books, but he certainly is a big name. A few of my family members read his books. I try not to watch TV, but I do remember seeing a commercial for one of his books, and books don't usually have TV commercials as far as I know.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
calikim

Post by calikim »

I do remember seeing a commercial for one of his books, and books don't usually have TV commercials as far as I know.
his books are the only books I've ever seen commercials for.
alisonsarah

Post by alisonsarah »

hello,

I just joined today I very much enjoy reading James patterson books I have only read 2 and they are "Cat and mouse" and "Maximum ride experiment"
AwayFromReality

Post by AwayFromReality »

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but James Patterson is by far one of the greatest authors out there. I'm currently reading The Dangerous Days of Daniel X while I wait for the fifth book in his Maximum Ride series to be released.
:)
Marco

Post by Marco »

alisonsarah wrote:hello,

I just joined today I very much enjoy reading James patterson books I have only read 2 and they are "Cat and mouse" and "Maximum ride experiment"
try pop goes the weasel. it was my fav.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

James Patterson is a prolific, diverse writer but I think that's why I don't always enjoy his books. I mean he's got series like Alex Cross, When The Wind Blows, Women's Murder Club, Maximum Ride, Daniel X, Witch And Wizard; on and on goes the list (including novels written with countless other authors) until he becomes a book machine. According to my local librarian, he has eight - yes, eight! - novels due out this year. And at least six due next year.
It seems to me that he works on the premise that quantity is better than quality.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Aileenhu
Currently Reading: Daisy Chain War

Post by Aileenhu »

I guess it really depends on your genre.

I've read two of his series ... the only thing is that it gets a bit weird sometimes.
But he is a person who I admit that I like because he likes to write stories for people. As a passion.
:D Enjoy your day~
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Maud Fitch wrote:James Patterson is a prolific, diverse writer but I think that's why I don't always enjoy his books. I mean he's got series like Alex Cross, When The Wind Blows, Women's Murder Club, Maximum Ride, Daniel X, Witch And Wizard; on and on goes the list (including novels written with countless other authors) until he becomes a book machine. According to my local librarian, he has eight - yes, eight! - novels due out this year. And at least six due next year.
It seems to me that he works on the premise that quantity is better than quality.
Agree with you Maud .. it would be good going to write 8 'original' novels in a lifetime IMO. Patterson just churns out the same plot & characters over and over
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Marco

Post by Marco »

I liked his early first 8 books but his co_author books arnt that great . i am still a fan but not as much!!!
Seaelf63
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Stand
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Seaelf63 »

Marco wrote:I liked his early first 8 books but his co_author books arnt that great . i am still a fan but not as much!!!
I have to agree about the co-authored books not being that great. But, I still like reading his books as fast pace diversions. I have also been getting the impression that he is cranking out books in factory-like fashion, with that quantity not quality theme.
dungtran

Post by dungtran »

James B. Patterson (born March 22, 1947) is an American author of thriller novels, largely known for his series about American psychologist Alex Cross. Patterson also wrote the Michael Bennett, Women's Murder Club, Maximum Ride, Daniel X, and Witch & Wizard series, as well as many stand-alone thrillers, nonfiction and romance novels.
Biography
Francine

Post by Francine »

hello
James Patterson an American author. He is writing many books like as Witch and Wizard,When the Wind Blows,Dangerous Days of Daniel X,Sundays at Tiffany's.I am reading both book Sundays at Tiffany's,When the Wind Blows that are interesting.
Regards
Francine

Return to “Discuss Authors”