James Patterson

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Lu-Ellen
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lu-ellen.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Re: James Patterson

Post by Lu-Ellen »

I just bought about 6 books of James Patterson from the charity shop, I love a good murder mystery and someone told me they enjoy his books so I'm going to give him a go.
Why is a raven like a writing desk ??
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
LKCooper
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Breaking Sandcastles</a>
Currently Reading: Sherlock Holmes Detective Agency
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by LKCooper »

I've only read one so far, Violets Are Blue, and it was the wrong one to read. I saw another post saying they are trying to find the first in the Alex Cross series to read; I wish I had done that. This was suggested to me so I read it, but it jumped right in like I already knew who Cross was, which I didn't. There was no character development of him or any other characters in the book. I guess I was supposed to already be familiar. It kept me really disconnected from caring about anyone in the book. The story moved along quick, but with so little detail and information, I felt like I was reading a summary more than a novel.... I might try another Patterson some time, but for the moment, I don't get the hype. :?
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

I haven't read any Stephen King book. As much as people talk about him, I've never really been moved to read any. I did put one on my 'want to read' bookshelf and I hope I get around to it. He's not popular where I come from anyway.
But James Patterson, that's one I'll always want to read; any day, any time . I went as far as playing the Women's Murder Club games.
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I always prefer James Patterson over Stephen King. James Patterson has written some very fabulous books, some of which include the Worst Case and the books in the Women's Book Club series. I find Estrogen King to be comparatively less interesting than James Patterson.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I have never really gotten into James Patterson books too much, but I did enjoy his Maximum Ride series for a little while until I got bored with it around the third or fourth book. I don't remember which. I remember the characters in that one being very interesting though, and the story line was definitely unique.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Harley1984
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=28294">A Discovery of witches</a>
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley1984.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Harley1984 »

It has been awhile, but I have read a few of his books. I found them entertaining and hard to put down. They are great reads, especially if you are looking for a series.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Karen0823
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen0823.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Karen0823 »

I absolutely loved the Alex Cross books. I couldn't get back to the library fast enough to rent the next in the series.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
mddodgen
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mddodgen.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by mddodgen »

I have to say I think I have read most of his published work over the last 20 years and enjoyed every one of them. Yes, I agree his co-authors are sometimes a bit weak. But, can you appreciate how much those co-authors must have learned from him? In my opinion,he has a formula in his writing that sells. A marketing firm that sells his work and yet he still is able to crank out fun,easy,entertaining literature that almost any one can enjoy.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I love reading James Paterson's books occasionally, but I must admit that it's 'easy reading' and I quickly forget about the stories after I've finished them.

Return to “Discuss Authors”