Karin Slaughter

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
bettyk
Currently Reading: Obsessed
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettyk.html

Karin Slaughter

Post by bettyk »

Who here likes Karin Slaughter?
MandiKenendy
Favorite Book: Too many to list
Currently Reading: Dance with Dragons Part 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MandiKenendy »

I love her but finding the latest ones a little disappointing.
I really loved the earlier ones though and have read them loads of times.
You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body. - C.S. Lewis
jvanderveen
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvanderveen.html

Post by jvanderveen »

I really enjoy her books. I wish I could be more like Sara Linton. I enjoy seeing how the characters evolve and that not everything is perfect in their lives. They have struggles, just like we do.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I reviewed Slaughter's "Pretty Girls" and was instantly hooked. It was such a compelling suspense novel, but it wound up having a very sick and disturbing plot twist about halfway through the novel. By that point, however, I was dying to know how the story turned out, and it did not disappoint. Definitely not for the faint of heart, but Slaughter is a master at what she does.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

Brandi Noelle wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 23:44 I reviewed Slaughter's "Pretty Girls" and was instantly hooked. It was such a compelling suspense novel, but it wound up having a very sick and disturbing plot twist about halfway through the novel. By that point, however, I was dying to know how the story turned out, and it did not disappoint. Definitely not for the faint of heart, but Slaughter is a master at what she does.
Here is my second reply to you on a different thread! Well, I guess we have similar tastes. :D

I really enjoyed Pretty Girls. I haven't read anything else by Karin Slaughter but I know she has several books. It was definitely different from what I expected. It was more than just a mystery--I like that it showed the depraved nature some people have. But that is just me. One of my favorite series is the Sweetheart series by Chelsea Cain which can get somewhat graphic. I guess I just like more than a whodunnit story.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
jgraney8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgraney8.html
Latest Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jgraney8 »

I have read several Karin Slaughter's books and see an interesting progression from a small-town sheriff, Jeffrey Tolliver, as a focal character in the Grant County series to the Will Trent series. I liked the Tolliver character, but enjoy the Trent character more. Sara Linton holds the two series together though she had little presence in the early Trent books. I think I have read most of her books and really enjoy them.
“On the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom.”
― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays

Return to “Discuss Authors”