who is your guiltiest pleasure author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
DRigby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drigby.html

Re: who is your guiltiest pleasure author?

Post by DRigby »

I like Tess Gerritsen. I've only read a couple but I love the twists she puts in her crime mysteries. Her books are the basis for the show "Rizolli & Isles".
Alexa_Fernandez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alexa_Fernandez »

It was V.C. Andrews and Sidney Sheldon.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Kresley Cole and her Arcana series! Normally I'm not a big fan of YA ( I feel the plots are always so formulaic and the teen angst is overwhelming), but the Arcana series is just too fun! Such a different idea.
smhawkins
Currently Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smhawkins.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by smhawkins »

I'm wholeheartedly embarrassed, but I actually love Jojo Moyes. Not a huge romance novel fan, but I love her writing.
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

I really enjoy a good steamy New Adult novel. It all started with 50 shades. I also enjoyed the Bared to You series.
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
CaitlinE
Currently Reading: The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitline.html

Post by CaitlinE »

I love really cheesy YA, like Gail Carriger
SandraH
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandrah.html

Post by SandraH »

I like Janet Evanovich. No deep hidden messages in her books, but some mystery and often laugh out loud funny. When I want just mindless entertainment, her books are my go to guilty pleasure.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Phillipa Gregory's books are by far my favorite guilty pleasure! Although I don't think her novels are thought provoking or unique, I greatly enjoy the historical drama she creates.
jrfournier

Post by jrfournier »

diane mott-davidson, with her yummy mysteries including recipes! and yes, i have tried some of them!

-- 21 Oct 2016, 15:23 --

-- 21 Oct 2016, 15:23 --

-- 21 Oct 2016, 15:24 --

-- 21 Oct 2016, 15:24 --
Adamandia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 17">bloody earth</a>
Currently Reading: Stalked by love
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamandia.html

Post by Adamandia »

:oops: I have to say romance novels of all genres but my guiltiest pleasure author would have to be Diana Palmer because the women protrayed in her books most of the times are young virgins that are taken care of by hardened cowboys... :oops: :oops: :oops:
I have almost everything she has ever written
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

Jim Butcher's Dresden file series. he gets to ride a t rex
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
RGiese

Post by RGiese »

Hmmm... guiltiest pleasure would probably be Gena Showalter. Her books are so good but sooo embarrassing to be caught reading on your lunch break at work. I'm often stressed out or anxious and I find smutty romance novels (or even non-smutty ones like Nora Roberts) really great because you can just dive in and not worry about anything else. Authors like Lesley Pearse I absolutely love but her books are stressful in themselves so add my own personal anxiety on top of that? Yikes.
Rose52916

Post by Rose52916 »

I totally agree about Dean Koontz...he's like a junk food craving that you know you shouldn't give into, but...his writing is mindless reading, which is not necessarily bad since there are times when this is useful. I'm a die hard Stephen King fan and have no qualms with letting people know if they ask. I don't have an guilty pleasure author so much as a genre. I read on my phone and am often asked what I'm reading. Zombies. Apocalyptic and post- apocalyptic novels. I get so embarrassed... I keep telling myself that I need to stop reading this slop and get back into books with more sustenance {which I have), but I just tear through those books and keep on going. :D

-- 22 Nov 2016, 11:33 --
MelissaMoore
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissamoore.html

Post by MelissaMoore »

i love to read no brainers, which to me are contemporary, erotic, and a lot of romance. The billion dollar athlete romance books as well as the military romance seem to be my biggest guilty pleasure,
Maria Force
Lorelei James
Bella Andre
wonderful and easy reading authors!!
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

I guess I would have to say Janet Evanovich - the Stephanie Plum novels...they crack me up! I laugh like an idiot when I read them!

Another is Nora Roberts...I do love her novels, especially the ones that have paranormal themes!

One more is :oops: The Cupcake Bakery Mysteries by Jenn McKinlay (and she even includes the recipes for the cupcakes!)

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “Discuss Authors”