William shakesphere

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
michaelbole
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: William shakesphere

Post by michaelbole »

William Shakespeare wrote very many wonderful boos that make many people in the world remember them and get knowledgeable and the students in school learn to be skilled.
rupe10
Favorite Book: The Polished Hoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupe10.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by rupe10 »

I only revisit Shakespeare when cottage getaways are rained-out or mosquitos make outdoor a no-go.

There's always some Shakespeare offering kicking around on the dusty shelves -- usually in close proximity to a bible and decades old National Geographic and the sort.

With so much other reading material out there and with the virtually unfettered access to it these days, Shakespeare is a hard sell for me.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

Great playwright. Unfortunately i have read only othello out of his many plays.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Cosmicoutlaw
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cosmicoutlaw »

William Shakespeare a.k.a The Bard of Avon as he was called, was one of the pivotal figures in evolving the English Language as he wrote his sonnets in his own rhyming meter which was unparalleled to any other rhyming schemes of the contemporary poets and playwrights. He was his own master, and while he wrote more than 150 sonnets, he also wrote more than a dozen plays encapsulating moral and social ethics of his times with aphorisms entailing it. More often, he would use the technique of camouflage with his characters to impart the gullibility of humans and the doctrine of societal norms. It could be easily said that Shakespeare’s plays can be implied in every generation since the beginning of mankind and how making use of knowledge is true wisdom.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

I read Anthony and Cleopatra a few years and to this day it remains my all-time favourite Shakespeare play. It was very easy to get through and the plot was gripping to the very end.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

One of my favourite works of William Shakespeare was Twelfth Night.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

I would also like to point out that his name is spelt Shakespeare, not Shakesphere.

Return to “Discuss Authors”