Och! A Highland Scot for me...! ;)

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Jenn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Och! A Highland Scot for me...! ;)

Post by Jenn »

Being such avid readers, has anyone heard of Diana Gabaldon? She`s a TREMENDOUS writer. Her 'Outlander' series will supposedly end with as many books as J.K. Rowling`s. :D

For those not familiar, the books can be categorized as fiction, with a touch of fact, alot of fantasy, adventure, romance, intrigue, some heartbreak, and irresistible surprises.

I fully recommend this author. :D
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

Indeed! I've read Diana Gabaldon "Outlander" series :) I really like the time travel aspect of it, Claire is a very interesting character, as well as James and Frank. I love how Claire has two different husbands in two different centuries, (eighteenth and twentieth-century Scotland). Lots of adventure and romance. :) Claire is one busy woman :wink:
KaeMartyndale

Post by KaeMartyndale »

Outlander is amazing. One day I hope to get my own Jamie :P
Justine44
Favorite Book: Sons and Lovers -D.H. Laurence
Currently Reading: Portnoys Complaint-Roth

Post by Justine44 »

I love the series, I have met Gabaldon and I was geedy as hell, I have to say I am fascinated by Lord John and the books she has written where he is the main character.
Anais Nin-And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

Jase - RV for us stands for Redneck Vacation.
klickaal
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klickaal.html

Post by klickaal »

You gotta love an author that researches everything.She has even thanked a few fellas in the acknowledgements for explaining what I feels like to be kicked in the balls. Now that's thorough!
Mes 2chats
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mes-2chats.html

Post by Mes 2chats »

One of the best series I've ever read - just couldn't put it down. Now that Jamie is a man I could dream about!!!
ewyna34

Post by ewyna34 »

I cannot wait for her supposedly last book - Written In My Own Hearts Blood to come out in June. I'm almost tempted to reread the series again to be fresh so when the new book comes out I'll remember who did what when etc. I've read Outlander the book I dunno how many times. I also hope to have my own JAMMF.

I can remember reading The Scottish Prisoner and being bummed as all hell. He was so lonely, but he kept on going.

How many Lord John books are there?
TheYoungReader_22

Post by TheYoungReader_22 »

Omg she is one of my favorite authors. Not only do i love her subject matter but she is brilliant in the way that she describes the moods of her characters, the settings. I feel as though I was there. There have been many a night when i have cried because Claire and Jamie are not together. She can seamlessly transition between time periods and not lose the pace.
shantelren

Post by shantelren »

I saw on Diana's page that there is plans of another novel after "MOBY" so I'm really excited about that. I'm about half way through it and I love it. I have been waiting yeeeears for it so I'm rationing it lol. It's so hard to put down though!
Have any of you read any of her Novella's? I'm not sure you can purchase them in a print copy but I have picked up a few on my Kobo. I really like them, it pulls the story that much more together.
Also, Justine44, did you find the Lord John books got better as they went? I have read the first one I think, and found it so dry. I couldn't read it at night because I'd just pass out. I love Diana and her writing, but the Lord John book I was on I could barely finish
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

Yes i have read outlander series and it is really outstanding. I love the adventure and time passage concept in this book. The main character clare and jamie were amazing and their character is portrayed beautifully. I absolutely love this book and i will definitely recommend it to others.
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:
decafmama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-decafmama.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by decafmama »

I was obsessed with the first few books, but found myself slowing down after book four. I just couldn't keep all of the characters straight and found the narrative had slowed down once the story had moved across the pond. Anyone else have that problem?

Return to “Discuss Authors”