Indie Authors

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Indie Authors

Post by IamShing »

Do you know if someone who writes really good but kept under his identity as an Indie Author?

Let me know..I might like her/him ☺
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
EllieLieberman
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellielieberman.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by EllieLieberman »

There's a number of amazing indie authors to check out. First, I'd recommend Chip Davis. He's got two books out and is in an anthology of short stories. Trail of the Raven, Haiti is YA and covers topics like philanthropy and the history of Haiti, just to name a few. It has memorable, lovable characters and my mom and I still quote the book occasionally. His other book, Squirrel Bait, can only be compared to a really bad b-horror movie. It is brilliant and hilarious (and a bit gory) about were-squirrels who protect a library.

I also suggest checking out Little Glass Men by Conor Walsh. It is historical fiction and follows individuals in a WWI sanitorium. He weaves the history so seemlessly into the story, and I enjoy that you get so many different perspectives on WWI, from both soldier's perspectives, as well as from the nurse's perspective. It gives a more full view of the war. And, the characters are so real and three-dimensional.

Evangeline Duran Fuentes is another phenomenal one to check out! Her most recent book is called Finding Erin and it's fiction based on her real experience. It covers topics like memory loss and family and is one of my favorites. Evangeline Duran Fuentes is a natural born story teller.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

wow that is definitely a lot of knowledge from you
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

What genres do you prefer? Annie Bellet is a great author! Her Twenty-Sided Sorceress Series is great :) it's based on Dungeons and Dragons though, so having played the game helps. I like to geek out over all of her references.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
papa2000
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by papa2000 »

What types do you incline toward? Annie Bellet is an incredible creator! Her Twenty-Sided Sorceress Series is incredible :) it depends on Dungeons and Dragons however, so having played the amusement makes a difference. I like to nerd out over every last bit of her references.
Lindsey Klaus
Currently Reading: The Rogue Queen
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey-klaus.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

If you like dark romances with a horror fairytale twist, I've been getting into Lani Lenore lately. Not all of her books hit the right spot, but I really enjoyed her Nevermor trilogy (based on Peter Pan) and Needle's Eye. If you try out Nevermor, it was originally a dark sequel to Peter Pan. However, she had a few plot bunnies and decided to expand the universe into its own universe. The back of the deluxe edition of Forsaken Dreamscape (the second book) has a copy of the original sequel she wrote to Peter Pan.

Also I enjoyed The Hallowed and Roses and Black Glass: A Dark Cinderella Tale.

She's relatively unknown, surprisingly, but I've gotten sucked into quite a few of her dark fairytale stories.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

I feel like I read indie authors without knowing it so I would have to do some research before I can answer you properly.
Oliver_books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-books.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by Oliver_books »

I recommend Boris Sanders to all readers who enjoy sci-fi thrillers. He is a gifted indie writer and keeps you turning the page.

Return to “Discuss Authors”