J.K. Rowling or Suzanne Collins?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Claris L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claris-l.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: J.K. Rowling or Suzanne Collins?

Post by Claris L »

I enjoyed reading Rowling's books more, as a child, but I equally appreciate the worldbuilding that went into Collins' Hunger Games trilogy.
Amesthenerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amesthenerd.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by Amesthenerd »

It’s Suzanne Collins for me now. Both authors have released an additional book now. If you look at the quality of each book, Collins’ book is much better. I also like that when Suzanne Collins finished the trilogy, she just disappeared with her money and didn’t reappear until the announcement of the prequel. JK Rowling has stayed in the public eye and has done things that has lost a lot of her fan base.
jojo_21
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jojo_21 »

Hunger games is an amazing series, I couldn't keep it aside for even a second :techie-studyingbrown:. It's a super thriller series and I loved reading it. And goes with Harry Potter. Whereas the difference between Suzanne Collins and J.K. Rowling is the choice of target audience and J.K. Rowling is more bent towards the mystical and magical fiction where as Suzanne Collins tries to keep it more of a realistic fiction.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

I choose J.K. Rowling. The characters and the adventure she created is unique and wonderful. I still like Harry Potter and Hunger Games.
Nama Winnie
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nama-winnie.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nama Winnie »

J.K. Rowling definitely. I love the plots he comes up with and his writing style is to be admired
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

Nightreaderx wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 15:15 If I could choose to be one of these authors I would want to be J.K Rowling. The amount of creativity and imagination that has been put into her work is astounding. Not only did she write the Harry Potter novels, but she also wrote the fantastic beasts and where to find them, which is also a part of the wizarding world, just with different characters and in a different time period. If I could have even one-quarter of her talent, I would feel so privileged.
I agree, the way she builds the story and characters... it is so engaging. i have re-read the books quite a few times.
Jake7410
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jake7410 »

Why must you do this to me....they're both so good...ugh fine. J.K.
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Lhammamy »

I tend to prefer Suzanne Collins on J.k Rowling. She just creates the environment I like more than J.K Rowling. However, J.k Rowling is wonderful as well.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

JK Rowling all the way babe. She's the reason many of us even started reading in our locality. Sure my first book was Oliver Twist but the Harry Potter series made me understood that magic can happen in words.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

The hunger Games hands down. Thought there is nothing with both series that you can compare I do not think. They take place in very different settings.
Elizabeth Otieno 1
Currently Reading: The Hummingbird and the Bear
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elizabeth Otieno 1 »

J.K. Rowling is my best author. Am still addicted to the harry potter series till now.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

Harry Potter for me. I read The Hunger Games when I was older, and it just didn't... well, keep me as entertained as much. I can reread HP all the time. I've only read THG once. I tried a second time, but it was a no go.
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

J.K Rowling for sure! I think the level of detail and imagination in the Harry Potter world is beyond amazing. I've read both series and I think both authors have different writing styles, but the book that made me fall in love with reading was Harry Potter. I think Collins is a marvelous author, but the world created by J.K. Rowling was life-changing.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

The Harry Potter series will forever be in my heart. It's a part of my chidlhood and even though The Hunger Games are also a great series, Harry Potter is better for me.

Return to “Discuss Authors”