Are there any authors who you will never read again?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Amesthenerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amesthenerd.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Re: Are there any authors who you will never read again?

Post by Amesthenerd »

Yes, there is one author. Stephanie Meyer. I tried reading Twilight but I was never able to get into the series because it was so boring for me.

aby johnson
2019 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

I think that would be Durjoy Datta. Not that his writing is bad or something. Just that i read two of his books and they both find kinda similar to me. So i understood that he takes a common plot line and changes characters and publishes them and girls love his cause he writes romance.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D

Iconicsmt
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iconicsmt.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Iconicsmt »

After being severely disappointed by Tess of the d’Urbervilles, I’m having a difficult time building up the will to partake in other Thomas Hardy works. Also, 10 years after being wholly disappointed by the abrupt ending of The Firm, I haven’t had the courage to delve in to another John Grisham story, ha.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

_khush_p
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khush-p.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by _khush_p »

M Zee wrote: ↑
28 Oct 2018, 11:42
Oh yeah. I have a couple of authors that I won't read due to their behavior outside their writing. I don't like to support people who treat others badly (well documented bad behavior) anyway. Someone can be meh writer and I would support their work over someone who writes great but isn't a good person.
OMG yes so true! I have encountered such authors too and it really saddens me that they have the skill of a great writer but not the personality of a decent person. And I absolutely relate with you about reading a low performing book over a great book written by a person who isn't so great. :?

Return to “Discuss Authors”