Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews
If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 28 Jan 2019, 19:07
- 2019 Reading Goal: 36
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
- Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
- Bookshelf Size: 278
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
- Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
I am still unsure of how I felt about the Neapolitan series, but she is certainly an insightful, introspective writer. I am in the U.S., and her fearlessness towards class issues as well as the political scenes she describes of Naples in the 20th century are very different from what I have been exposed to in school, etc. I appreciate her ability to write complex female characters who aren't always "likable."
Has anyone else read her? What do you think?