Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: The False Prince
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2friendly.html
Latest Review: "THE EMPTY WORLD" by Andrew Reeves
fav_author_id: 2909

Re: Ender's Game

Post by 2Friendly »

I read Ender's Game about 2 months before the movie came out, and I loved them both! I think the book had the edge, since it expanded on Ender's life in a way the movie simply couldn't do. Nevertheless, I think it was a great adaption, and it will help the younger generations (like me) to get involved in the series.
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis
Latest Review: "THE EMPTY WORLD" by Andrew Reeves
FAHenfrey
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahenfrey.html
Latest Review: "False Vacuum" by John Macgregor

Post by FAHenfrey »

I absolutely loved Ender's game and I am an even bigger fan of the Ender's Shadow series which is well worth a read. However I didn't enjoy the speaker of the dead and the later books about Ender as they were a little on the philosophical side for me. I thought the portrayal of children perfect as so often you see books that underestimate what children are capable of and make teenagers sound more like 8 year olds. However I did think the series took this a little to the extreme with adult characters that were dumbed down to emphasis the children's prowess and intelligence rather than having a balance between the new and the old
Latest Review: "False Vacuum" by John Macgregor
NanoWasabi
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: Watership Down
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanowasabi.html
Latest Review: "MXX: Agent Soldier" by Donald Schlising

Post by NanoWasabi »

I mostly like this book because of the world that it takes place in. I would love to live in a world with such realistic simulations. Hopefully, those simulations are not far off!
Latest Review: "MXX: Agent Soldier" by Donald Schlising
Liz_Flores
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-flores.html

Post by Liz_Flores »

8) I liked this book too, however not so much the movie. The book is always better. But about the book- I wanted to just jump around my house pretending to be Ender- To like you said- Defy Gravity.
lizj97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizj97.html

Post by lizj97 »

I liked the book and the character. I have seen the movie as well and while I liked the movie, it seems to me that movies never quite measure up to the book. However, I still do both when given the chance. I think the book was riveting and powerful and I look forward to reading more in the future.
Liz_Flores
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-flores.html

Post by Liz_Flores »

Whats to know about the second book in the Ender's Game series- Speaker of The Dead?
-Spoiler

-- 31 Oct 2014, 10:34 --

Ender's Game was my first Sci-Fi read. The emotional ride it hauled me through was fascinating. It literally made me want to kiss Orson. This book was the door to a new world.
bookreviewsbynoel

Post by bookreviewsbynoel »

I didn't really enjoy the book, i got very bored.
nsharpes
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nsharpes.html

Post by nsharpes »

I read this book after I saw the trailer for the movie on television one day. At first I thought that it was slow, but as I got into the book more I realized that it wasn't "slow", but had a deep meaning and was very philosophical. I could relate to Ender and his reactions to what was happening to him in the book. The only thing that I didn't like was that it was apart of a series, as it could have been a stand alone, but I get why the author wanted to expand on the world and Ender's story.
tamara_mc41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-mc41.html

Post by tamara_mc41 »

I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS A BOOK!
I loved the movie, so that means I am gonna adore the book!
nsharpes
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nsharpes.html

Post by nsharpes »

tamara_mc41 wrote:I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS A BOOK!
I loved the movie, so that means I am gonna adore the book!
Yup, it's a book. I would really suggest reading it, as the full emotional impact of the story doesn't come across in the film as much as it does in the book.
wapeeler

Post by wapeeler »

Ender's game was fantastic! I have not had the time to see the movie yet, but looking at the previous reviews it seems excellent. To me I enjoyed the later books. As someone else mentioned they are a bit more philosophical, which for me excercised my brain in a quite enjoyable manner.
Sweet_Lullaby
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-lullaby.html
Latest Review: "The Key-Stone of the Bridge" by Craig Meggy

Post by Sweet_Lullaby »

My friend leant me this book back in the day, and it was a hit.
Latest Review: "The Key-Stone of the Bridge" by Craig Meggy
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

This was a quiz I posted here a couple of years ago Below is a link to the original post.

forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewtopic.php ... r%27s+game

You might find this to be very interesting.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
E-Frapp
Favorite Author: Hemingway - King
Favorite Book: A Moveable Feast
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-frapp.html

Post by E-Frapp »

I was hooked after the first book and read the entire series. Love the stories and the depth of the characters. Orson Scott Card is a brilliant writer.
Where will you be in a year?
lovablegeek123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovablegeek123.html

Post by lovablegeek123 »

I was told to read this book in high school. It had an old cover that was falling apart but something about this book made me excited. I had no idea what to expect out of it. I was one of 3 people in the class that actually read it all the way through. I couldn't understand how no one wanted to read this book!! It was fantastic! There were few books in high school that I actually enjoyed reading and this was defiantly one of them.
This book came to life. I unfortunately had to return the book so I didn't read it again until 2013. It was just as good the second time as it was the first.
I do feel the movie did it justice as far as following the story line and I hope they continue to do so. The best surprise I discovered was I didn't know it was a series until late last year. So I cannot wait to read the rest!!

Return to “"Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card”