- Site Admin
- Posts: 3140
- Joined: 31 Jul 2006, 23:00
- 2018 Reading Goal: 52
- 2017 Reading Goal: 36
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 5
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 25
- Currently Reading: The Woman in the Window
- Bookshelf Size: 228
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
- Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
- Publishing Contest Votes: 960
- Signature Addition: testtesttest
- Location: CT
What do you think of the ending of Thin Places? Was it satisfying or did leave to many unanswered questions?
Most novels disappoint me with their endings, especially if I like them. There are many books that I thought would make it to my top 10 list until I read the last chapter or two. So it is tough to impress me. Perhaps endings are hard to enjoy because if you like a book and are emotionally invested in its story and characters, you hate to say goodbye.
In any case, relatively, I found the ending of Thin Places decently satisfying. I like sad endings better than happy ones. Thin Places followed a few of the "and they lived happily ever after" cues, but made up for it to me by splitting up Finn and Chloe. I was unsatisfied at that, though, because I found it hard to understand why they were splitting up, if we are expected to believe it would be permanent. I would have loved more information on this.
Considering endings are so hard to do, I think Thin Places does a good job.
What do you think?
"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 22 Jul 2012, 20:22
- Bookshelf Size: 17
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenn9841.html
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 05 Nov 2014, 14:13
- Bookshelf Size: 1
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-lullaby.html
- Latest Review: "The Key-Stone of the Bridge" by Craig Meggy
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 22:06
- Favorite Book: Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer
- Currently Reading: reading five books and they wont fit
- Bookshelf Size: 35
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexavier-taiga.html
- Location: Australia