How Long Does the BotD Winner Have?

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
MsTri
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 75
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 391
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 15362">The Prodigal Son</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 456
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Alien Rove by Stephanie Conlon
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

How Long Does the BotD Winner Have?

Post by MsTri » 06 Feb 2019, 13:23

I won as the random winner for the BotD dated Jan 29; when I got the email notification on Jan 30, I responded right away...or so I thought! Last night, I happened to find the email in my Drafts!, so I sent it along with an explanation, but I can't help wondering; how long does the winner have to make a claim? May I be too late?

Espie
Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Espie » 06 Feb 2019, 16:14

MsTri wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 13:23
I won as the random winner for the BotD dated Jan 29; when I got the email notification on Jan 30, I responded right away...or so I thought! Last night, I happened to find the email in my Drafts!, so I sent it along with an explanation, but I can't help wondering; how long does the winner have to make a claim? May I be too late?
I'm curious to know the answer to your question, too. As far as I know, there isn't a guideline somewhere about it. Just to give you an initial idea, though, I've been receiving reminders about claiming my prize for around three weeks before I was able to do so. I'm not sure whether there are changes or announcements lately that I have missed. However, I believe that there's nothing that the "Contact Scott" option couldn't resolve, especially if you've got plausible explanations to accompany your message.

It's good to win, indeed. I've used mine to buy the family's books last Christmas. Isn't that amazing? All the best to you with yours. Congratulations!
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

MsTri
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 391
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 15362">The Prodigal Son</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 456
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Alien Rove by Stephanie Conlon
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by MsTri » 06 Feb 2019, 19:27

Espie wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 16:14
MsTri wrote:
I'm curious to know the answer to your question, too. As far as I know, there isn't a guideline somewhere about it. Just to give you an initial idea, though, I've been receiving reminders about claiming my prize for around three weeks before I was able to do so. I'm not sure whether there are changes or announcements lately that I have missed. However, I believe that there's nothing that the "Contact Scott" option couldn't resolve, especially if you've got plausible explanations to accompany your message.

It's good to win, indeed. I've used mine to buy the family's books last Christmas. Isn't that amazing? All the best to you with yours. Congratulations!
Wow! Then my li'l one week is pretty minor, relatively speaking. Thanks for that.

Espie
Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Espie » 06 Feb 2019, 20:31

MsTri wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 19:27
Espie wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 16:14
MsTri wrote:

Wow! Then my li'l one week is pretty minor, relatively speaking. Thanks for that.
No worries. I'm pretty sure that things will get sorted out eventually for you, too. "Communication is the key," as the adage says. All the best.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”