How do I create a forum post?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

BrittaniDJ
Currently Reading: The Heart Has Its Reasons
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanidj.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

How do I create a forum post?

Post by BrittaniDJ »

Hi, I have looked through all the new member links and I cannot find one that tells me how to create my own forum post. I saw the post about guidelines among others. I was inspired by one of the topics in the BOTM forum "what do you think of the title?" I would love to open that topic up to other books but I don't know if it is appropriate to bring other books into that particular chat because it is solely focused right now on the BOTM.
Please advise.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

BrittaniDJ wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 14:59 Hi, I have looked through all the new member links and I cannot find one that tells me how to create my own forum post. I saw the post about guidelines among others. I was inspired by one of the topics in the BOTM forum "what do you think of the title?" I would love to open that topic up to other books but I don't know if it is appropriate to bring other books into that particular chat because it is solely focused right now on the BOTM.
Please advise.
Topics in the BotM forums are strictly about the book being discussed.

There are various threads about book covers in the general reading discussion forum, so you may find a fitting there. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
alavirafi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alavirafi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by alavirafi »

I want to create new topics for discussion but as I'm a new member, I don’t know how I'll do it. A help from anyone would be very helpful.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

alavirafi wrote: 08 Jun 2020, 01:08 I want to create new topics for discussion but as I'm a new member, I don’t know how I'll do it. A help from anyone would be very helpful.
You go to the relevant forum and click on the 'new topic' tab at the top of the page. Please search before opening new topics and do not open duplicate topics.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

alavirafi wrote: 08 Jun 2020, 01:08 I want to create new topics for discussion but as I'm a new member, I don’t know how I'll do it. A help from anyone would be very helpful.
I would encourage you to first read through the posts in many forums so that you can learn more about participation in forums. Then go on to research and see whether what you want to post about has already been covered.

I wish you a successful stay here! And all the best!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”