Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged!
For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.
IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.
To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.
There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box, as we prefer to deal with Review Team issues privately. If you have an issue or question related to the Review Team, please first check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher) or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer). If you are a reviewer and you have a suggestion, you can post that in the special private Review Team Support Forum.
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 20 Nov 2018, 13:07
- 2019 Reading Goal: 24
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 16
- Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
- Bookshelf Size: 18
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamthewilderness.html
- Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
- Bookshelves Moderator
- Posts: 2731
- Joined: 31 May 2016, 11:53
- 2019 Reading Goal: 75
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 32
- Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 502
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
- Latest Review: Two Wrongs by Anthony L. Baker
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Publishing Contest Votes: 0
Subtitles are not needed. The information about the author and the title needs to be in the body of the review, even if you include a subtitle.
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 2061
- Joined: 14 Feb 2018, 15:30
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 101
- Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
- Bookshelf Size: 298
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
- Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
I think this is a great point to make because others would wonder as well. Considering this information is NOT included in the guidelines as something you must include, that leaves it up to your discretion. Some subtitles are really long, and I can see why reviewers would opt not to include them.