Payout Summary Page

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Payout Summary Page

Post by Kendra M Parker »

I would love to see all of my payouts for everything I have received for the year on a single report. Ideally, I’d like to see book, First Ten, editor, and gift card payouts in the same place. Additionally, I would want to see my lifetime totals as well as totals by year. Is there a page for this already that I’m missing?
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

As far as I know, there is not a page for this. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of your history page on your reviewer page, it'll give you a lifetime payout for reviews. That's about it, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

In addition to the above, you can find the payments for the First Ten on your First Ten History Page, and the payments for the Editor on your Editor page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

gali wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 10:45 In addition to the above, you can find the payments for the First Ten on your First Ten History Page, and the payments for the Editor on your Editor page.
Yes, I can find all of my different payouts on different pages, and that’s okay. I still think it would be nice to add a page to the profile (or somewhere else on the site) that would display all of those items on one page so I don’t have so many pages to track when I do my financials. You could also use this report to run annual average payouts to show potential earnings to potential reviewers. It might be a nice marketing tool, similar to the earnings statements that some direct sales companies provide.

If I were designing this, I’d have sections for each payout opportunity that a user could receive. Those for which the user qualifies would be displayed and the rest hidden. Users should be able to show a report of lifetime payouts, or choose a report of the payout for each year the user has been active.
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Kendra M Parker wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 15:25
gali wrote: 17 Oct 2018, 10:45 In addition to the above, you can find the payments for the First Ten on your First Ten History Page, and the payments for the Editor on your Editor page.
Yes, I can find all of my different payouts on different pages, and that’s okay. I still think it would be nice to add a page to the profile (or somewhere else on the site) that would display all of those items on one page so I don’t have so many pages to track when I do my financials. You could also use this report to run annual average payouts to show potential earnings to potential reviewers. It might be a nice marketing tool, similar to the earnings statements that some direct sales companies provide.

If I were designing this, I’d have sections for each payout opportunity that a user could receive. Those for which the user qualifies would be displayed and the rest hidden. Users should be able to show a report of lifetime payouts, or choose a report of the payout for each year the user has been active.
Yes!!! I absolutely agree with this. Being able to have this in one place would be convenient for reviewers. I love the idea of using it as a marketing tool. I actually calculated what I thought my annual earnings could reasonably be based on the reviews I've done so far. But some of that is Amazon gift card money, and some of it is Paypal money.

It's not that we can't access that info, it's a great idea for improvement as a convenience for users.
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

kfwilson6 wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 09:06
Kendra M Parker wrote: 22 Oct 2018, 15:25

Yes!!! I absolutely agree with this. Being able to have this in one place would be convenient for reviewers. I love the idea of using it as a marketing tool. I actually calculated what I thought my annual earnings could reasonably be based on the reviews I've done so far. But some of that is Amazon gift card money, and some of it is Paypal money.

It's not that we can't access that info, it's a great idea for improvement as a convenience for users.
Yes, this would certainly be a great addition!! This would save the scrolling time and it would be very convenient to use. I hope it's implemented!
Cyrus Michino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyrus-michino.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Cyrus Michino »

When it comes to payouts, I'd love that one would be paid per review instead of piling up bills and paying at once.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Cyrus Michino wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 05:41 When it comes to payouts, I'd love that one would be paid per review instead of piling up bills and paying at once.
One does get paid per review. All the threads you commented upon are old threads, and their issues were solved.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”