Extreme Makeover: Website Edition

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sara Kay
Currently Reading: The Water Trade
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-kay.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Extreme Makeover: Website Edition

Post by Sara Kay »

The Online Book Club is a portal into the most intriguing collection of books and book lovers. The concept that you've created, Scott Hughes, is ingenious and I think this website should reflect its brilliance. Just as we value consistency in our books and reviews, we should hone the website's overall design, icon styles, spacing, padding and alignment. Since writers and readers alike relish creativity, we should sculpt the aesthetics of the website with an engaging carousel banner on the homepage, parallax scrolling and countless other innovative design techniques. The potential of this website is endless and I believe it deserves attention. Not only our attention and that of the design wizards, but also the attention of every book lover ever born. This website is the book cover by which the worth of our enterprise will be judged. It is the riveting title or compelling synopsis that could capture the attention of all who happen upon it. I will close with the words of Ursula K. Le Guin, "The unread story is not a story; it is little black marks on wood pulp. The reader, reading it, makes it live: a live thing, a story." To the Creator of the Book Club, my humble suggestion is to bring this website to life.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”