Reviewer verses Author

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
mac83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Reviewer verses Author

Post by mac83 » 12 Sep 2018, 12:27

Hi All,
I was interested in learning more about submitting a book for review, but had been doing reviews myself. I was just curious about learning more, but now my account is set up for as an author submitting a book. Does anyone know how I get my account to back how it was? I can't pull up my reviewer score or the guidelines any more. Thank you!

Mindy
Mac :techie-reference:

AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Letters From The War by Amanda Bryant
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles » 12 Sep 2018, 12:52

You have to resign from the author group via your user control panel on the groups page.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown

mac83
Currently Reading:

Post by mac83 » 12 Sep 2018, 14:55

Thank you!

mac83
Currently Reading:

Post by mac83 » 13 Sep 2018, 08:08

When I go into the control panel, there isn't an option to resign from the author group. I can click to be a reviewer and join, but it says I'm already a member. I'm not sure what to do lol.

AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles » 13 Sep 2018, 08:44

mac83 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 08:08
When I go into the control panel, there isn't an option to resign from the author group. I can click to be a reviewer and join, but it says I'm already a member. I'm not sure what to do lol.
Down at the bottom there is a select box that when you click on it has the option resign from selected. Click on the group you want to resign from and then choose that and then choose the option to resign and then click the button.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown

mac83
Currently Reading:

Post by mac83 » 13 Sep 2018, 08:46

I want to resign from the author section of it, but that is listed within the reviewer section. I still want to be a reviewer. There isnt a separate box to check to just resign from the author part.

AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles » 13 Sep 2018, 09:03

mac83 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 08:46
I want to resign from the author section of it, but that is listed within the reviewer section. I still want to be a reviewer. There isnt a separate box to check to just resign from the author part.
There should be a little radio button out by the author section that you click on before selecting the resign option.
–Author Unknown

mac83
Currently Reading:

Post by mac83 » 13 Sep 2018, 09:08

There isn't. Thats is where I am running into the problem. I thought it was something with using my phone so I logged on the computer and there still isn't anything beside the author section that I can click.

AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles » 13 Sep 2018, 09:18

mac83 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 09:08
There isn't. Thats is where I am running into the problem. I thought it was something with using my phone so I logged on the computer and there still isn't anything beside the author section that I can click.
You may want to send a quick message through the contact page and one of the admins and assist you further. I've not personally had this issue so I'm only going by what I see on my end. I'm sorry you are having this problem.
–Author Unknown

mac83
Currently Reading:

Post by mac83 » 13 Sep 2018, 09:21

When I go to the contact page it wants me to fill out the form to submit a book to be reviewed. I have tried different things. Is there a person outside the global group that I can email?

AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles » 13 Sep 2018, 09:27

@gali can you help with this please?
–Author Unknown

mac83
Currently Reading:

Post by mac83 » 13 Sep 2018, 09:29

Thank you.

gali
Site Admin
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 120
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Mine
Bookshelf Size: 1873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 13 Sep 2018, 09:36

mac83 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 09:21
When I go to the contact page it wants me to fill out the form to submit a book to be reviewed. I have tried different things. Is there a person outside the global group that I can email?
There is a an option on the main contact form to mark that you are not actually an author or publisher. :tiphat:
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

mac83
Currently Reading:

Post by mac83 » 13 Sep 2018, 09:41

Wow. I had been on the contact page numerous times and thought I had to fill out the form to submit it all. Didnt realize I just needed to do that last box and it would solve it all! Thank you both for your help. I am back to being a reviewer!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”