Tweet related to BOTD giveaway

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
Post Reply
User avatar
Life In Books
Posts: 143
Joined: 27 Jun 2018, 10:08
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-life-in-books.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani

Tweet related to BOTD giveaway

Post by Life In Books » 10 Sep 2018, 02:06

I think the tweet related to BOTD giveaway should be at a page or position from where it could be tweeted directly. The timing for tweet should also be set to an earlier time so that after it gets tweeted by the participants, other people can also take part in the 20$ giveaway. 🙏🙏

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 33215
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 119
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Mine
Bookshelf Size: 1872
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 10 Sep 2018, 04:06

Moddesser Elahi wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 02:06
I think the tweet related to BOTD giveaway should be at a page or position from where it could be tweeted directly. The timing for tweet should also be set to an earlier time so that after it gets tweeted by the participants, other people can also take part in the 20$ giveaway. 🙏🙏
There is such a link on the Giveaway page.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
Life In Books
Posts: 143
Joined: 27 Jun 2018, 10:08
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-life-in-books.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani

Post by Life In Books » 10 Sep 2018, 04:43

Hi Gali. Thank you for your reply. I meant to say that we read the sample, then we participate and share on different social media. But the Twitter part can be separated because the Twitter post contains the details of the giveaway. So if one comes across it, that person can take part in the contest to win the 20$ before the time lapses.

User avatar
Life In Books
Posts: 143
Joined: 27 Jun 2018, 10:08
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-life-in-books.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani

Post by Life In Books » 11 Sep 2018, 23:04

Hi Gali. I was waiting for your reply.

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 33215
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 119
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Mine
Bookshelf Size: 1872
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 12 Sep 2018, 00:14

Moddesser Elahi wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 04:43
Hi Gali. Thank you for your reply. I meant to say that we read the sample, then we participate and share on different social media. But the Twitter part can be separated because the Twitter post contains the details of the giveaway. So if one comes across it, that person can take part in the contest to win the 20$ before the time lapses.
The BOTD is tweeted directly from the twitter tab on the Giveaway page, and it contains the details of the giveaway. It is part of the Giveaway, so it is on that page.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
Life In Books
Posts: 143
Joined: 27 Jun 2018, 10:08
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-life-in-books.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani

Post by Life In Books » 12 Sep 2018, 00:35

Yaa Gali, I got that. But instead of finishing the sample and then entering the Giveaway page to tweet; the tweet part could be separated as it contains the details of the Giveaway. And more people can participate.

e.g. (look at this tweet)
Check out the @TwBookClub Book of the Day *The Devil's Astronaut* for a FREE chance to win $20. shelves/botd-giveaways.php



Other social media posts describe about the BOTD and not giveaway so that is completely different.

e.g. (look at this facebook post)
Book of the Day September 11th -- Mystery and Revenge

Free on Kindle Unlimited: shelves/book.php?id=65855

The Lost Identity Casualties
by Kim Ekemar

An OnlineBookClub.org Review Team member gave the first four books of this series, that includes this one, a PERFECT 4/4 rating!

It was also August 2018 Book of the Month at OnlineBookClub, which you can discuss here:
viewforum.php?f=109

Get *The Lost Identity Casualties* today by:
- Purchasing it for only $2.99
- Reading it for free on Kindle Unlimited
- Receiving a free review copy, via the OnlineBookClub.org Review Team

Whichever way you choose, grab your copy today:

shelves/book.php?id=65855

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 33215
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 119
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Mine
Bookshelf Size: 1872
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 12 Sep 2018, 02:57

Moddesser Elahi wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 00:35
Yaa Gali, I got that. But instead of finishing the sample and then entering the Giveaway page to tweet; the tweet part could be separated as it contains the details of the Giveaway. And more people can participate.

e.g. (look at this tweet)
Check out the @TwBookClub Book of the Day *The Devil's Astronaut* for a FREE chance to win $20. shelves/botd-giveaways.php



Other social media posts describe about the BOTD and not giveaway so that is completely different.

e.g. (look at this facebook post)
Book of the Day September 11th -- Mystery and Revenge

Free on Kindle Unlimited: shelves/book.php?id=65855

The Lost Identity Casualties
by Kim Ekemar

An OnlineBookClub.org Review Team member gave the first four books of this series, that includes this one, a PERFECT 4/4 rating!

It was also August 2018 Book of the Month at OnlineBookClub, which you can discuss here:
viewforum.php?f=109

Get *The Lost Identity Casualties* today by:
- Purchasing it for only $2.99
- Reading it for free on Kindle Unlimited
- Receiving a free review copy, via the OnlineBookClub.org Review Team

Whichever way you choose, grab your copy today:

shelves/book.php?id=65855
Well, you can suggest that to Scott. :tiphat:
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
Life In Books
Posts: 143
Joined: 27 Jun 2018, 10:08
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-life-in-books.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani

Post by Life In Books » 12 Sep 2018, 03:00

On facebook, is it ok...

Post Reply

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”