Book of the month nominations

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Book of the month nominations

Post by Bianka Walter »

Hi Everyone :)
I'm not sure how to ask this without sounding rude, so I'm just going to ask and please know that it's not my intention :)

Is there any chance we can 'clean up' the book of the month nomination page?

In the first 8 books, there are 4 of them that are part of a series, and one that is only available in Kindle format. These are not able to be book of the month, then, according to the rules.

To be nominated, the book must:

be available in paperback or hardcover; i.e. no ebook only books.
be originally published within the last 15 years
must have had at least 4 people add it to their shelves
NOT be part of a series
NOT have been made into a movie

I know this is a HUGE task because there are so many books on that page. But is it a possibility?
I also know that it is up to the reader to read the rules before nominating, but that didn't work out so well.

I would love to be more active in nominating books, but I'm also not sure if the books on that page are in order, or just nominees, or how it really works...

Anyway, just a suggestion
:tiphat:
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

This sounds like a great idea to me. As someone who is new here, I appreciate your suggestion because it alerted me to the nomination rules which I had previously not seen. Thank you!
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I noticed a lot of books that are movies on that page. I thought it was strange they would even have a nominate button when they clearly do not adhere to guidelines. I second this motion :)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”