Make the review page list on profiles a link

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Make the review page list on profiles a link

Post by anwidmer »

I've visited many peoples profiles wanting to see their reviews. When I do though, I have to copy and paste it into a fresh tab as it's not a hyperlink. I think if it were a link that you could just click on it would help a lot. Then it would help us to readily look at and comment on each other's reviews.

Anyone else feels the same way? Thank you in advance Scott for your time
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

anwidmer wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 00:06 I've visited many peoples profiles wanting to see their reviews. When I do though, I have to copy and paste it into a fresh tab as it's not a hyperlink. I think if it were a link that you could just click on it would help a lot. Then it would help us to readily look at and comment on each other's reviews.

I suggested this a while back, but didn't get anywhere with it. It would be very helpful.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

Yea it just seems like it would help everyone, I don't see a downside. I also, however, am not the one who has to make it happen lol. Maybe the mechanics of such are too complicated for it to be worth it?
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

anwidmer wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 00:06 I've visited many peoples profiles wanting to see their reviews. When I do though, I have to copy and paste it into a fresh tab as it's not a hyperlink. I think if it were a link that you could just click on it would help a lot. Then it would help us to readily look at and comment on each other's reviews.

I suggested it as well.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I also made that request. It used to be that way when I joined in May last year and OBC was 150,000-strong. But now, there are more than 800,000 members! Maybe Scott is saving memory space so the response time doesn't suffer. I'm no techie, but I think that's the reason for the change. In fact, I think even the latest review will lose its hyperlink if it's too old. That happened to me when all my reviews for close to three months were all private reviews.
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

Ah, thanks for that explanation. If that is the case, maybe he could drop the ‘currently reading’ hyperlink. I’ve never used that and probably never will.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Helen_Combe wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 23:25 Ah, thanks for that explanation. If that is the case, maybe he could drop the ‘currently reading’ hyperlink. I’ve never used that and probably never will.
I have to say I feel the same way. I actually don't update that item in my profile (but I think there is an OBC guideline somewhere that requires that field filled). That is one book (James Lee Burke's A Stained White Radiance) that I never got to finish since I got busy with OBC books. So technically, I am still reading it. But I doubt if it will make sense to me now without starting with page one again.

Interestingly, John Grisham's Camino Island (a howcatchem about five stolen handwritten manuscripts of F. Scott Fitzgerald) mentions several authors. Among them are my favorites Scott Turow and James Lee Burke. I love it when a favorite author mentions my other favorite authors in his/her books. That just confirms my good taste, LOL!
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

Miriam Molina wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 23:48 Interestingly, John Grisham's Camino Island (a howcatchem about five stolen handwritten manuscripts of F. Scott Fitzgerald) mentions several authors. Among them are my favorites Scott Turow and James Lee Burke. I love it when a favorite author mentions my other favorite authors in his/her books. That just confirms my good taste, LOL!
Quite so! Ooh, I didn’t know there was a word howcatchem as well as whodunnit. I shall be using that word in the future.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Helen_Combe wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 23:53
Quite so! Ooh, I didn’t know there was a word howcatchem as well as whodunnit. I shall be using that word in the future.
Yes, I got that word from a review in the site. Would you like to know if the thieves were caught? Actually ...

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”