Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged!
For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.
IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.
To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.
There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 30 May 2018, 12:46
- 2018 Reading Goal: 80
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 26
- Favorite Book: The knowing
- Currently Reading: The Awakening
- Bookshelf Size: 45
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
- Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
What do you all feel?
- Bookshelves Moderator
- Posts: 1959
- Joined: 31 May 2016, 11:53
- 2018 Reading Goal: 52
- 2017 Reading Goal: 52
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 82
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
- Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
- Currently Reading: We Were Mothers
- Bookshelf Size: 465
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
- Latest Review: Lunch Money by Roger M. Cullen
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Publishing Contest Votes: 0
The current system is fair. There is a lack of incentive if one no longer needs to participate in the forums, which helps other reviewers to know you and want to go look at your reviews.
Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.
- Posts: 2056
- Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 12:17
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 148
- Favorite Book: The Martian
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 158
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
- Latest Review: Losing Normal by Francis Moss
- Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC
I think it would be unfair to punish people who have less time to read. Popularity is something you have to work at. Posting comments on other people’s reviews will often result in them posting on yours and you build up a ‘club’ of reciprocal posters. It takes time but your averages will start to go up.