Difficult to respond to Notifications

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

J1598
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j1598.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Difficult to respond to Notifications

Post by J1598 »

I really love this site for all it has to offer. However, as a newbie it is a maze of challenges to navigate through to figure out simple things. For example, why am I not allowed to respond back to Gali who offered to assist me? When I tried to respond a message popped up telling me I am not authorized. This is a little confusing, and I am revisiting the guidelines to try and figure this one out. Meanwhile I can't respond to Gali to get the help I need. Is there a simpler way to respond to email notifications, or better yet, can notifications just come to my personal email to allow me access to reply? I feel like I am missing something, and I am spending lots of personal time trying to sift through the guidelines to do something to help answer my own questions, but so far the guidelines is pretty much an instructional guide for "Your reviews, how to review, what comes next after reviewing, and how to gain points." That is all very helpful but I would like to specifically know how to respond to Gali as I am cultured in the old-school way where you click on a "reply" button. Are we to respond here, through the "Public Suggestion Box?" It feels a little awkward so this can't be the place. Ugh! Help! My actions are being delayed, meanwhile I will keep trying :eusa-think:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

J1598 wrote: 01 Jul 2018, 17:03 I really love this site for all it has to offer. However, as a newbie it is a maze of challenges to navigate through to figure out simple things. For example, why am I not allowed to respond back to Gali who offered to assist me? When I tried to respond a message popped up telling me I am not authorized. This is a little confusing, and I am revisiting the guidelines to try and figure this one out. Meanwhile I can't respond to Gali to get the help I need. Is there a simpler way to respond to email notifications, or better yet, can notifications just come to my personal email to allow me access to reply? I feel like I am missing something, and I am spending lots of personal time trying to sift through the guidelines to do something to help answer my own questions, but so far the guidelines is pretty much an instructional guide for "Your reviews, how to review, what comes next after reviewing, and how to gain points." That is all very helpful but I would like to specifically know how to respond to Gali as I am cultured in the old-school way where you click on a "reply" button. Are we to respond here, through the "Public Suggestion Box?" It feels a little awkward so this can't be the place. Ugh! Help! My actions are being delayed, meanwhile I will keep trying :eusa-think:
New members can't send PMs. The following thread explains about that: Strict Anti-Spam Rules. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”