Editing Username

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
Locked
User avatar
amandathebibliophile
Posts: 189
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 20:18
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 54
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Editing Username

Post by amandathebibliophile » 22 Jun 2018, 18:54

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone tell me how to edit my username? I have been looking through the edit options in the control user panel section, and I've been unable to figure it out. I'm laughing at myself because I'm sure it can't be that hard? But if there is a kind soul out there who wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd be grateful!

Thanks!

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 33198
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 119
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Mine
Bookshelf Size: 1872
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 23 Jun 2018, 10:02

alt211 wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 18:54
Hi Everyone!

Can anyone tell me how to edit my username? I have been looking through the edit options in the control user panel section, and I've been unable to figure it out. I'm laughing at myself because I'm sure it can't be that hard? But if there is a kind soul out there who wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd be grateful!

Thanks!
Only Admin can do that. Tell me the new name and I will edit it for you.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
amandathebibliophile
Posts: 189
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 20:18
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 54
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by amandathebibliophile » 26 Jun 2018, 08:32

Oh nice, thank you! Could you please change me from alt211 to AmandaReadsBooks ? I’d really appreciate it!

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 33198
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 119
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Mine
Bookshelf Size: 1872
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 26 Jun 2018, 21:48

alt211 wrote:
26 Jun 2018, 08:32
Oh nice, thank you! Could you please change me from alt211 to AmandaReadsBooks ? I’d really appreciate it!
This name is already in use. I changed it to AmandaReadsBooks1. If you want another, please tell me and I will change it again. :tiphat:
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
Shrabastee
Posts: 681
Joined: 23 Mar 2018, 00:38
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by Shrabastee » 20 Jul 2018, 02:08

Hi!
I would like my user name changed to Shrabastee. In a previous thread Scott asked all those wanting their names changed to PM him. I did that, but to no effect. I take it that he might be occupied otherwise at the moment. So I wondered if I should make the request here?

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 33198
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 119
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Mine
Bookshelf Size: 1872
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 20 Jul 2018, 02:33

Shrabastee wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 02:08
Hi!
I would like my user name changed to Shrabastee. In a previous thread Scott asked all those wanting their names changed to PM him. I did that, but to no effect. I take it that he might be occupied otherwise at the moment. So I wondered if I should make the request here?
I changed it for you. :tiphat:
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
Shrabastee
Posts: 681
Joined: 23 Mar 2018, 00:38
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 150
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by Shrabastee » 20 Jul 2018, 04:09

gali wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 02:33
Shrabastee wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 02:08
Hi!
I would like my user name changed to Shrabastee. In a previous thread Scott asked all those wanting their names changed to PM him. I did that, but to no effect. I take it that he might be occupied otherwise at the moment. So I wondered if I should make the request here?
I changed it for you. :tiphat:
Thank you so much!!!

User avatar
Jennifer Fernandez
Posts: 226
Joined: 09 Jun 2018, 21:30
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 210
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez » 25 Jul 2018, 16:05

Hi! I would like my name to be changed to Jennifer_Fernandez or J.S.Fernandez
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 33198
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 119
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Mine
Bookshelf Size: 1872
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 25 Jul 2018, 22:57

Jennifer Fernandez wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 16:05
Hi! I would like my name to be changed to Jennifer_Fernandez or J.S.Fernandez
I changed it for you. :tiphat:
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
Jennifer Fernandez
Posts: 226
Joined: 09 Jun 2018, 21:30
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 210
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez » 26 Jul 2018, 07:17

gali wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 22:57
Jennifer Fernandez wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 16:05
Hi! I would like my name to be changed to Jennifer_Fernandez or J.S.Fernandez
I changed it for you. :tiphat:
Thank you so much!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:

Locked

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”