Make Your Website More Readable

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
Post Reply
Reb63OBC
Posts: 30
Joined: 20 Jan 2018, 18:11
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 33
Currently Reading: INERTIA (The Threestone Triology Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reb63obc.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau

Make Your Website More Readable

Post by Reb63OBC » 21 Jun 2018, 20:41

When your eyes are not like they use to be, light blue letters next to a white back ground is very hard to read. Could you use either black or a darker blue please. Also could you make the Private Review Team link easier to find with its own tab instead of hiding it.


Thank you!

Rebecca Fahlin

User avatar
CatInTheHat
Bookshelves Moderator
Posts: 1757
Joined: 31 May 2016, 11:53
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 67
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading: The Flower Girl Murder
Bookshelf Size: 458
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: Two Sheldon Iowa Summers by Donald De Vries
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
Location: East Coast

Post by CatInTheHat » 21 Jun 2018, 21:05

The Private Review Team does have its own tab.
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.


Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

Reb63OBC
Posts: 30
Joined: 20 Jan 2018, 18:11
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 33
Currently Reading: INERTIA (The Threestone Triology Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reb63obc.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau

Post by Reb63OBC » 28 Jun 2018, 19:40

I know the private review team does not have its own tag, that is why I'm suggesting that you have one!

Rebecca Fahlin

User avatar
AmySmiles
Posts: 380
Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 10:43
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Desiderata by Aakash Doshi

Post by AmySmiles » 29 Jun 2018, 13:19

Reb63OBC wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 19:40
I know the private review team does not have its own tag, that is why I'm suggesting that you have one!

Rebecca Fahlin
CatInTheHat wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 21:05
The Private Review Team does have its own tab.
I think you both are misunderstanding each other. Rebecca you read that it does not have it's own tab, but Cat in the hat is saying that it does. Cat in the hat I believe Rebecca is saying that the page where we go to submit our reviews should have it's own tab. If it does, I don't know where it is, because I don't see it either. Rebecca I normally route to it through the update tab, that seems to be the easiest way to spot it.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown

User avatar
CatInTheHat
Bookshelves Moderator
Posts: 1757
Joined: 31 May 2016, 11:53
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 67
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading: The Flower Girl Murder
Bookshelf Size: 458
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: Two Sheldon Iowa Summers by Donald De Vries
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
Location: East Coast

Post by CatInTheHat » 29 Jun 2018, 16:17

AmySmiles wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 13:19
Reb63OBC wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 19:40
I know the private review team does not have its own tag, that is why I'm suggesting that you have one!

Rebecca Fahlin
CatInTheHat wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 21:05
The Private Review Team does have its own tab.
I think you both are misunderstanding each other. Rebecca you read that it does not have it's own tab, but Cat in the hat is saying that it does. Cat in the hat I believe Rebecca is saying that the page where we go to submit our reviews should have it's own tab. If it does, I don't know where it is, because I don't see it either. Rebecca I normally route to it through the update tab, that seems to be the easiest way to spot it.
I wasn't misunderstanding. At the top of the screen is a tab for the Private Review Team. You won't see it if you aren't logged in but it isn't hidden. You submit on the Update tab. In my opinion, having all of the review updating in one place makes more sense than a separate tab.
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.


Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

User avatar
AmySmiles
Posts: 380
Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 10:43
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Desiderata by Aakash Doshi

Post by AmySmiles » 29 Jun 2018, 16:20

CatInTheHat wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:17
AmySmiles wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 13:19
Reb63OBC wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 19:40
I know the private review team does not have its own tag, that is why I'm suggesting that you have one!

Rebecca Fahlin
CatInTheHat wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 21:05
The Private Review Team does have its own tab.
I think you both are misunderstanding each other. Rebecca you read that it does not have it's own tab, but Cat in the hat is saying that it does. Cat in the hat I believe Rebecca is saying that the page where we go to submit our reviews should have it's own tab. If it does, I don't know where it is, because I don't see it either. Rebecca I normally route to it through the update tab, that seems to be the easiest way to spot it.
I wasn't misunderstanding. At the top of the screen is a tab for the Private Review Team. You won't see it if you aren't logged in but it isn't hidden. You submit on the Update tab. In my opinion, having all of the review updating in one place makes more sense than a separate tab.
I know there is a tab for the review team page. I'm talking about a specific tab for just the forum to submit reviews.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown

User avatar
CatInTheHat
Bookshelves Moderator
Posts: 1757
Joined: 31 May 2016, 11:53
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 67
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading: The Flower Girl Murder
Bookshelf Size: 458
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: Two Sheldon Iowa Summers by Donald De Vries
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
Location: East Coast

Post by CatInTheHat » 29 Jun 2018, 16:26

AmySmiles wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:20
CatInTheHat wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:17
AmySmiles wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 13:19


I think you both are misunderstanding each other. Rebecca you read that it does not have it's own tab, but Cat in the hat is saying that it does. Cat in the hat I believe Rebecca is saying that the page where we go to submit our reviews should have it's own tab. If it does, I don't know where it is, because I don't see it either. Rebecca I normally route to it through the update tab, that seems to be the easiest way to spot it.
I wasn't misunderstanding. At the top of the screen is a tab for the Private Review Team. You won't see it if you aren't logged in but it isn't hidden. You submit on the Update tab. In my opinion, having all of the review updating in one place makes more sense than a separate tab.
I know there is a tab for the review team page. I'm talking about a specific tab for just the forum to submit reviews.

Oh, Amy, I know that you know this stuff! You actually give great input in this forum! I was comprehensive in the answer to help the person who said it was hard to find. I just don't see why a new tab is necessary when the Update tab explains what's next after every update and you do it all there. Again, more to answer comprehensively. I just really didn't get why you thought that I was misunderstanding the other member. I wasn't, not at all.
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.


Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

User avatar
AmySmiles
Posts: 380
Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 10:43
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Desiderata by Aakash Doshi

Post by AmySmiles » 29 Jun 2018, 16:34

CatInTheHat wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:26
AmySmiles wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:20
CatInTheHat wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 16:17


I wasn't misunderstanding. At the top of the screen is a tab for the Private Review Team. You won't see it if you aren't logged in but it isn't hidden. You submit on the Update tab. In my opinion, having all of the review updating in one place makes more sense than a separate tab.
I know there is a tab for the review team page. I'm talking about a specific tab for just the forum to submit reviews.

Oh, Amy, I know that you know this stuff! You actually give great input in this forum! I was comprehensive in the answer to help the person who said it was hard to find. I just don't see why a new tab is necessary when the Update tab explains what's next after every update and you do it all there. Again, more to answer comprehensively. I just really didn't get why you thought that I was misunderstanding the other member. I wasn't, not at all.
Oh okay, got ya. I agree with you actually. It amazes me sometimes, that a website for readers and people don't bother to read the guidelines.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown

Post Reply

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”