Suggestion

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

poeman9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Suggestion

Post by poeman9 »

Could you add the age or grade of the reviewer? Many reviews, so far, sound like grade schoolers rather than enthusiastic readers.
Thank you.
JR
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

Why does the reviewer's age affect the review? Plus, there are many folks I've seen on OBC who are not from English-speaking countries, so English isn't their first language, which maybe be these "grade schoolers" you're referring too. Their age more than likely has nothing to do with their abilities.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

PlanetHauth wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 23:40 Why does the reviewer's age affect the review? Plus, there are many folks I've seen on OBC who are not from English-speaking countries, so English isn't their first language, which maybe be these "grade schoolers" you're referring too. Their age more than likely has nothing to do with their abilities.
poeman9 wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 07:56 Could you add the age or grade of the reviewer? Many reviews, so far, sound like grade schoolers rather than enthusiastic readers.
Thank you.
JR
I agree with PlanetHauth, the age of the reviewer shouldn't matter. There could be"grade schoolers" that write better than senior citizens. Age is not really an indication of how well a person writes. I personally don't want my age posted to my reviews, nor do I care what the age is of the reviews that I read.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

poeman9 wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 07:56 Could you add the age or grade of the reviewer? Many reviews, so far, sound like grade schoolers rather than enthusiastic readers.
Thank you.
JR
If reviewers choose to show their age on their profile you can see it by clicking on their user name. Not that I'm indicating I think age is relevant in the way you are saying, just providing info on what is accessible. Not everyone chooses to reveal their age so you won't see a spot for it on their profile if they didn't provide that info.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”