Unable to download #BOTD from Amazon

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Karencantley1
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karencantley1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Unable to download #BOTD from Amazon

Post by Karencantley1 »

This is the first time this has happened to me. I can see the BOTD item “A Roadmap To Career Success: 25 Tips for College abound Students” but I am unable to download. I am in Australia and have tried both local and global Amazon sites. I have never had this problem before, and am in danger of losing all +300 entries in the giveaway. Your help would be much appreciated.
AdrienneFalconer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AdrienneFalconer »

wow, I just posted a similar question - again USA & AUST sites involved, and same book too !
jthendersonphd
Currently Reading: Bound
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B01J94SWWU

Post by jthendersonphd »

"Deadly Focus: A Vega and Middleton Mystery Kindle Edition" is the #BOTD for 6/15/18 and is ONLY available with a Kindle Unlimited trial. The same has been true for prior "free" Amazon downloads in my case. Signing out of my Amazon account makes no difference. Unable to enter any giveaway drawings as a result. :x
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

jthendersonphd wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:19 "Deadly Focus: A Vega and Middleton Mystery Kindle Edition" is the #BOTD for 6/15/18 and is ONLY available with a Kindle Unlimited trial. The same has been true for prior "free" Amazon downloads in my case. Signing out of my Amazon account makes no difference. Unable to enter any giveaway drawings as a result. :x
The book is free on Amazon without KU. It may not free for you due to your location.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

jthendersonphd wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:19 "Deadly Focus: A Vega and Middleton Mystery Kindle Edition" is the #BOTD for 6/15/18 and is ONLY available with a Kindle Unlimited trial. The same has been true for prior "free" Amazon downloads in my case. Signing out of my Amazon account makes no difference. Unable to enter any giveaway drawings as a result. :x
You can still enter by reading the free sample.
Take a screenshot of the problem and if you get a random win, reply to the email with the screenshot. I had one where I was asked to provide the amazon receipt, but that book hadn’t come from Amazon, it came from another site. A screenshot sorted the problem and I got my prize.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
gali

Post by gali »

Helen_Combe wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 23:53
Take a screenshot of the problem and if you get a random win, reply to the email with the screenshot. I had one where I was asked to provide the amazon receipt, but that book hadn’t come from Amazon, it came from another site. A screenshot sorted the problem and I got my prize.
When the BORD is free on Amazon, one has to buy it and not just to read the sample in order to enter the Giveaway.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

gali wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 03:05
When the BORD is free on Amazon, one has to buy it and not just to read the sample.
When it’s not available in your country, how do you buy it? I’m not saying go round the rules, I’m saying that sometimes the rules cannot be followed and in that case, a user should NOT lose all their credits.
Last edited by Helen_Combe on 05 Jul 2018, 03:10, edited 2 times in total.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
gali

Post by gali »

Helen_Combe wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 03:07

When the BORD is free on Amazon, one has to buy it and not just to read the sample.
When it’s not available in your country, how do you buy it?
One shouldn't enter the Giveaway on that date, then. This is a condition of the Giveaway.

The following thread may help: Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users.
A retired Admin/Mod

Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

gali wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 03:09

One shouldn't enter the Giveaway on that date, then. This is a condition of the Giveaway.

The following thread may help: Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users.
If you don’t enter the giveaway, you can lose weeks of credits. I did read that thread a while ago and there were people saying that the solution did not work in their country eg Nambia.
gali

Post by gali »

Helen_Combe wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 03:14
gali wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 03:09

If you don’t enter the giveaway, you can lose weeks of credits. I did read that thread a while ago and there were people saying that the solution did not work in their country eg Nambia.
Indeed, but this is the policy. One should NOT enter the Giveaway without buying the free book. If anyone has any issue with the rules, he should privately contact Scott about it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”