Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged!
For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.
IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.
To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.
There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
- Member of the Month
- Posts: 802
- Joined: 14 Feb 2018, 15:30
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 58
- Currently Reading: Red Queen (Red Queen series)
- Bookshelf Size: 237
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
- Latest Review: The Carbynarah Chronicles by Jon Franklyn
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Location: Louisiana
I would like to suggest three new tabs for the select page.
So sorry if this was suggested already, but I didn't see anything about it.
1) Archive tab-put an archive button on each book for selection maybe right next to the button that allows you to choose a book to review. When the button is clicked it will move the book from its genre to the archive page. This page would be for books the reviewer is not interested in. This way, the reviewer won't continue to see books he isn't interested in reviewing, but they won't be deleted so can still be accessed should the review have a change of heart.
2) Recently added tab-pretty self-explanatory. A tab for books added for review within the past 30 days.
3) Want To Review Tab-since reviewers are limited on how many reviews they can do simultaneously, it would be nice to move books from the genre pages to a tab designated for books we have seen that we want to review but may not be able to do if we select a different book to review or we only want to do one at a time and want to save it for later. Of course I understand the book would still disappear should the review opportunity expire.
Thank you for considering my suggestions.
- Posts: 237
- Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 10:43
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 124
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
- Latest Review: Desiderata by Aakash Doshi