When to use Spoiler Tags

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

RabidFox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

When to use Spoiler Tags

Post by RabidFox »

Hi!

I was wondering something. If a topic was to be made about the bible or a specific version of the bible, would you include a spoiler tag in the subject if the bible was to be talked about in a way that was revealing? Normally, I would use a spoiler tag, but I don't know if that really makes a lot of sense when it's something like the bible.

Also, before I noticed the rules about spoiler tags—And I did look for rules, but couldn't find any—I created a topic about a book that included spoilers without using a spoiler tag in the subject. I tried to edit the topic to include a spoiler tag in the subject, but by the time I had realized that I should have included a tag, I was no longer able to edit the topic. The edit button was gone. So I was wondering if a moderator or an administrator could add a spoiler tag in the subject of the following topic I started: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=69323

Thank you for your time.
Omoye+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omoye.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by Omoye+ »

I am new kind of. Please what are spoiler tags? When and how are they used?
RabidFox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by RabidFox »

A spoiler tag is an indicator that you're going to be discussing a book in a way that reveals things about the characters and the plot. So, basically, it's a warning that you may read important information that could ruin the book for you. You are supposed to put it in the subject line of a topic. So, for example, you would use something like (Spoilers) in the subject.

I was thinking that people would be talking about books without worrying about spoilers, because I wasn't sure how someone could discuss a book without revealing key elements about it. However, I finally found some rules somewhere that said that spoiler tags must be used when applicable.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

RabidFox wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 15:21 Hi!

I was wondering something. If a topic was to be made about the bible or a specific version of the bible, would you include a spoiler tag in the subject if the bible was to be talked about in a way that was revealing? Normally, I would use a spoiler tag, but I don't know if that really makes a lot of sense when it's something like the bible.

Also, before I noticed the rules about spoiler tags—And I did look for rules, but couldn't find any—I created a topic about a book that included spoilers without using a spoiler tag in the subject. I tried to edit the topic to include a spoiler tag in the subject, but by the time I had realized that I should have included a tag, I was no longer able to edit the topic. The edit button was gone. So I was wondering if a moderator or an administrator could add a spoiler tag in the subject of the following topic I started: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=69323

Thank you for your time.
I added it for you. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”