Topic, Post, and Editing Approval [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

RabidFox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Topic, Post, and Editing Approval [resolved]

Post by RabidFox »

Hi. I'm Todd.

I was just wondering... I notice that any topic or post that I make must be approved by a moderator, in order to become public. I have searched everything on this site before creating this topic. I did not find any kind of answer to my problem. But I do have a question about this. Will I always have to get my posts approved or does this end once I reach a certain member date or post count? I have also noticed that edits need to be approved too, which is hard on me because I tend to make a lot of edits.

Thank you for your time.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

RabidFox wrote: 27 May 2018, 18:08 Hi. I'm Todd.

I was just wondering... I notice that any topic or post that I make must be approved by a moderator, in order to become public. I have searched everything on this site before creating this topic. I did not find any kind of answer to my problem. But I do have a question about this. Will I always have to get my posts approved or does this end once I reach a certain member date or post count? I have also noticed that edits need to be approved too, which is hard on me because I tend to make a lot of edits.

Thank you for your time.
This is temporarily because you are new. After a while you will be able to post without waiting for the approval of the mods.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
RabidFox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by RabidFox »

Ah, okay. I was just curious. Thank you for answering my question. It's much appreciated.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Thanks for the info. :)
Tonia Freeman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 756
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonia-freeman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tonia Freeman »

gali wrote: 27 May 2018, 22:00
RabidFox wrote: 27 May 2018, 18:08 Hi. I'm Todd.

Thank you for your time.
This is temporarily because you are new. After a while you will be able to post without waiting for the approval of the mods.
What is the time frame for that? I see other people that have been here less time than me getting theirs posted right away while I am still waiting. Thanks.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Tonia Freeman wrote: 31 Aug 2022, 15:17 What is the time frame for that? I see other people that have been here less time than me getting theirs posted right away while I am still waiting. Thanks.
Hi Tonia,

Thank you for reaching out. The moderators are still catching up on approving comments. I advise waiting patiently while they catch up on the approval process. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”