Providing a diverse genre selection

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Kitten69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitten69.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: Providing a diverse genre selection

Post by Kitten69 »

Perfect, thanks again.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

I am up for a more diverse genre selection, other fiction is just ... bland.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

ea_anthony wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 17:06 I am up for a more diverse genre selection, other fiction is just ... bland.
Yes, but Scott determines this actually. For the book to be more descriptive and informative we have the tag system.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
GingerJSM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerjsm.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by GingerJSM »

CatInTheHat wrote: 24 May 2018, 20:10
GingerJSM wrote: 23 May 2018, 22:42 I would personally just like to be able to know ahead of time that the SEX will be heavy in the book before I commit to reading and reviewing it. My last book review was a 36% because every other page was just blatantly pasted with graphic sex and I honestly had no idea WHO to recommend such a book to. (According to the editor that was the only reason for deductions)
One of the guidelines requirements is to indicate who would or would not find the book appealing. The editor HAS to mark you off for not following a guideline. For something like that, you could say something along the lines that those who enjoy erotica with an interesting storyline might find the book appealing. Or you could go with the "wouldn't find it appealing" and indicate that those who don't enjoy erotica would not find the book enjoyable.
That’s true. Thank you for that. At tje time of writing my review I believe I was still in just dealing with processing and probably wasn’t writing under the best conditions. I let that 36% get to me I’m not gonna lie. I haven’t reviewed anything since then but I’m going to jump back in and keep at it.
GingerJSM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerjsm.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by GingerJSM »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 23 May 2018, 23:31
GingerJSM wrote: 23 May 2018, 22:42 I would personally just like to be able to know ahead of time that the SEX will be heavy in the book before I commit to reading and reviewing it. My last book review was a 36% because every other page was just blatantly pasted with graphic sex and I honestly had no idea WHO to recommend such a book to. (According to the editor that was the only reason for deductions)
If it was twisted threads, then yes, I have reviewed that book and ya I agree with you on the sex part some of them were meaning less.
I think for now, I might start looking at other reviews ahead of time. I didn’t want to originally, wanting to go in with a fresh mind and all, but if I’m choosing romance then I’d like to know. Or I may stay away from the romance genre altogether in order to save myself the trouble.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”