Trouble with BOTD

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Trouble with BOTD

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Sometimes when I click on the 'Free on Amazon' link for BOTD I get the free excerpt. However, the last few days it takes me to the book on Amazon and the only free option is with Unlimited which I don't have. Today the book excerpt appeared but it was only two pages and it was blocked by a pop up to share the book. I shared it to Facebook, but still could not get any more of the book. Please help. I want to get the points for commenting on the book four days in a row.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I'm not really sure about this. But for the BOTD it usually varies. Some are free. Others are just free samples. I also checked the BOTD today and the free sample is just those 2 pages. I only comment on the BOTD reviews though. I don't really read the book unless it's offered for free download.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

The book of the day is not always free. Today you only get to sample it, and then you have to buy the rest. You don't have to read the whole book to comment.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jackie Holycross

Ok, thanks. I didn't want to write a comment if I didn't have the whole excerpt. I still don't know why I did not get any free sample the last two days. I'll keep trying.
jvez
Currently Reading:

Post by jvez »

teacherjh wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 12:54 Ok, thanks. I didn't want to write a comment if I didn't have the whole excerpt. I still don't know why I did not get any free sample the last two days. I'll keep trying.
I think regarding the free sample it's the author's choice how many pages he provides. Today I only saw just 2 pages as well. And it's just the cover and the credits I think? Is this the same for you? I'm not sure about yesterday's BOTD because I forgot to check it in Amazon.
Jackie Holycross

Yep - just the cover and title page. I read the review and commented though.
jvez
Currently Reading:

Post by jvez »

Then I guess it's the same for everyone. I also just read the review and commented. Too bad I also wanted the book since it's about a dog.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”