Nominate versus Vote for BOTM

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Nominate versus Vote for BOTM

Post by Jackie Holycross »

What is the difference between nominating a book and voting for it for Book of the Month? I nominated a book but under each one it lists nominations and votes separately. I don't see any place to vote for a book. Can you vote for more than one?

Thanks for your help.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

teacherjh wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 12:59 What is the difference between nominating a book and voting for it for Book of the Month? I nominated a book but under each one it lists nominations and votes separately. I don't see any place to vote for a book. Can you vote for more than one?

Thanks for your help.
You nominate the books first. After a while, a "run-off vote" will be held. You can't vote for more than one.
During the nomination stage, any number of books can be nominated. You can also change your nomination to a different book during this stage.

When the nomination stage closes, a "run-off vote" will be held between only the top books with the most nominations. If the book you nominated is selected as one of the 4 for the "run-off vote", you will not need to revote. Your nomination will automatically convert into a vote. However, you can change your vote to one of the other nominated books if you wish until the vote closes. While a vote is ongoing, you can still nominate new books for the next time.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I didn't realize this process took place anymore. I thought Scott had been picking the BOTM's for a while now.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

Thanks for this! I just stumbled onto that page and was wondering the same thing.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Thanks for the information. I’m so glad there are people here willing to guide newcomers.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”