Posts disqualified

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

them1n1ch1ef15
Currently Reading: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-them1n1ch1ef15.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Posts disqualified

Post by them1n1ch1ef15 »

I’m confused as to why all my social media sharing etc was ‘disqualified’ on March 28th? Are there any guidelines as to when things get disqualified and any way to appeal when it’s not been done correctly?
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

them1n1ch1ef15 wrote: 01 Apr 2018, 14:19 I’m confused as to why all my social media sharing etc was ‘disqualified’ on March 28th? Are there any guidelines as to when things get disqualified and any way to appeal when it’s not been done correctly?
You should have got an email with the details. Check that all the information about your social media accounts is correct by clicking the link on the Giveaway page. Good luck with getting to the bottom of it!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
them1n1ch1ef15
Currently Reading: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-them1n1ch1ef15.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by them1n1ch1ef15 »

Hi. I’ve not had an email and have checked all spam folders too. Getting a bit fed up with what seem to be OTT rules etc in this group which definitely take the shine off what should be an interesting and fun experience
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I think you should use the Contact Form at the bottom of the page and basically appeal the disqualification.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

them1n1ch1ef15 wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 16:09 Hi. I’ve not had an email and have checked all spam folders too. Getting a bit fed up with what seem to be OTT rules etc in this group which definitely take the shine off what should be an interesting and fun experience

Did you get an answer? It happened to me as well for one day. I haven't written to ask why yet. I'm also new and don't want to bother administrators too much.
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

This has happened to me, too, a time or two. The first time, the moderator failed to find my very obvious Twitter post and about a week ago, they failed to scroll down to find the Pinterest post from when it was BotD months ago (Sept, I think, like today's). Both times, I appealed to @Scott with proof (screenshots and the link to my page, so he could see for himself). He fixed the first error, but has yet to respond to this second complaint.
lbhatters
Currently Reading:

Post by lbhatters »

bookowlie wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 19:33 I think you should use the Contact Form at the bottom of the page and basically appeal the disqualification.
I posted on Pinterest that day, but the link to the book didn't post. What confuses me is why ALL my social media credits were disqualified. Also I did post on Pinterest, but for some reason the post did not link back to the book, but to Onlinebookclub.com. I am waiting on their response now
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

-C.J. Cherryh
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

lbhatters wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 11:59
bookowlie wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 19:33 I think you should use the Contact Form at the bottom of the page and basically appeal the disqualification.
I posted on Pinterest that day, but the link to the book didn't post. What confuses me is why ALL my social media credits were disqualified. Also I did post on Pinterest, but for some reason the post did not link back to the book, but to Onlinebookclub.com. I am waiting on their response now
It is currently set up so that if one is disqualified, they all are. There was a conversation about this a while back but possibly in another thread. Do check your social media accounts are correctly listed as I think this is the most common issue.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
lbhatters
Currently Reading:

Post by lbhatters »

Yes, all other books posted, just not on that day and one other. My account is ok.
-Fransis of Assisi

-C.J. Cherryh
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

I had my points disqualified about 6 weeks into being a member. I faithfully shared the Book of the Day every day and was discouraged to discover that the 130 or so entries I had earned were all washed away due to one mistake I made. For those decision makers out there I would like to make an appeal to change this. I can understand that all entries for the day are disqualified but to remove days, weeks, or months worth of entries due to one error seems a bit drastic. When the users of this site are committed to logging in every single day and sharing on various social media and making meaningful comments and reading the samples and doing the First Ten, it is a lot of time and work. The punishment for making one small error, or for the moderators making a small error, is quite steep. Being as new as I was and not 100% committed to being a member of the review team, I contemplated not bothering with OBC any more. That was an incredibly discouraging experience for me. If that happened to me with even more entries, like right now I am in the top ten people for number of entries, I would be so much more upset because it is a huge investment of time. Please reconsider changing this rule. I don't see how it could harm anything, but I think it would show appreciation for faithful members.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

I quite agree with kfwilson6. I am also fairly new and find that kind of thing rather off-putting.
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

kfwilson6 wrote: 18 May 2018, 08:12 I had my points disqualified about 6 weeks into being a member. I faithfully shared the Book of the Day every day and was discouraged to discover that the 130 or so entries I had earned were all washed away due to one mistake I made. For those decision makers out there I would like to make an appeal to change this. I can understand that all entries for the day are disqualified but to remove days, weeks, or months worth of entries due to one error seems a bit drastic. When the users of this site are committed to logging in every single day and sharing on various social media and making meaningful comments and reading the samples and doing the First Ten, it is a lot of time and work. The punishment for making one small error, or for the moderators making a small error, is quite steep. Being as new as I was and not 100% committed to being a member of the review team, I contemplated not bothering with OBC any more. That was an incredibly discouraging experience for me. If that happened to me with even more entries, like right now I am in the top ten people for number of entries, I would be so much more upset because it is a huge investment of time. Please reconsider changing this rule. I don't see how it could harm anything, but I think it would show appreciation for faithful members.
I'm 100,000% in agreement!
Beth KG
Favorite Book: Time and Again
Currently Reading: Practice the Jealous Arts
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-kg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Beth KG »

by Beth KG

The secret code re: The Book of the Day is not loading. Anyone else having issues? :|
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

I am just reading through the comments now, and finding out a situation I was alone in, is a common occurrence. Given this comments go as far as the beginning of the year does Scott and moderators truly try to rectify this system. I also lost a lot of entries after one missed twitter post. The prior entries still went to heighten OBC and Scott's popularity, they aren't deleted in the different social sites once disqualified. The authors still pay the site for services rendered.
I am intrigued to find out the rules and regulations that govern the giveaway, because they have been engineered to profit OBC alone and have little regard for the time it takes the member to read the samples and do the various posts. It's disheartening and this site is slowly making me hate the entire experience when it was suppose to fun .
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”