Bookshelves

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Bookshelves

Post by Helen_Combe »

I’ve only just discovered that I should have been adding the book of the day to my shelves.
Would it be possible to add some text to the giveaway page to remind people to add the book? Currently it keeps telling me that I’ve received a point for using bookshelves, even though I didn’t add the book.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Helen_Combe wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 02:03 I’ve only just discovered that I should have been adding the book of the day to my shelves.
Would it be possible to add some text to the giveaway page to remind people to add the book? Currently it keeps telling me that I’ve received a point for using bookshelves, even though I didn’t add the book.
You only have to add the BOTD to the Shelf if you participate in the Twitter program.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

gali wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 02:13
Helen_Combe wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 02:03 I’ve only just discovered that I should have been adding the book of the day to my shelves.
You only have to add the BOTD to the Shelf if you participate in the Twitter program.
I believe I am participating in it, so a reminder for Twitter participants would be really helpful.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

Now this makes sense to me. I don't have a twitter account, so it didn't apply to me.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

Helen_Combe wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 02:15
gali wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 02:13
I believe I am participating in it, so a reminder for Twitter participants would be really helpful.
I just remember it's the second link in the email. I click on that one first thing, so I don't forget. Then I add the book, go back to my email or navigation and enter the program, read the review and comment, read the sample or book, then do twitter and finally all of the other posts . Then I never forget anything.

:reading-3:
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

lbhatters wrote:
I just remember it's the second link in the email. I click on that one first thing, so I don't forget. Then I add the book, go back to my email or navigation and enter the program, read the review and comment, read the sample or book, then do twitter and finally all of the other posts . Then I never forget anything.

:reading-3:
Good idea! I’m starting to remember them now. Before, I was working my way down the giveaway page and was missing the bookshelves every time :doh:

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”