Bookshelves

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
Post Reply
User avatar
Helen_Combe
Posts: 770
Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 12:17
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 203
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading: Evie's Unfairytale
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC
Location: Solihull, UK

Bookshelves

Post by Helen_Combe » 22 Mar 2018, 02:03

I’ve only just discovered that I should have been adding the book of the day to my shelves.
Would it be possible to add some text to the giveaway page to remind people to add the book? Currently it keeps telling me that I’ve received a point for using bookshelves, even though I didn’t add the book.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.

User avatar
gali
Site Admin
Posts: 28479
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 51
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Blew the Whistle
Bookshelf Size: 1797
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484
Location: Lost in a good book

Post by gali » 22 Mar 2018, 02:13

Helen_Combe wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 02:03
I’ve only just discovered that I should have been adding the book of the day to my shelves.
Would it be possible to add some text to the giveaway page to remind people to add the book? Currently it keeps telling me that I’ve received a point for using bookshelves, even though I didn’t add the book.
You only have to add the BOTD to the Shelf if you participate in the Twitter program.
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

User avatar
Helen_Combe
Posts: 770
Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 12:17
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 203
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading: Evie's Unfairytale
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC
Location: Solihull, UK

Post by Helen_Combe » 22 Mar 2018, 02:15

gali wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 02:13
Helen_Combe wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 02:03
I’ve only just discovered that I should have been adding the book of the day to my shelves.
Would it be possible to add some text to the giveaway page to remind people to add the book? Currently it keeps telling me that I’ve received a point for using bookshelves, even though I didn’t add the book.
You only have to add the BOTD to the Shelf if you participate in the Twitter program.
I believe I am participating in it, so a reminder for Twitter participants would be really helpful.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.

User avatar
Clinical1
Posts: 148
Joined: 12 Feb 2018, 13:48
2018 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 54
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Location: New Jersey

Post by Clinical1 » 22 Mar 2018, 17:50

Now this makes sense to me. I don't have a twitter account, so it didn't apply to me.

User avatar
lbhatters
Posts: 262
Joined: 19 Mar 2018, 03:31
2018 Reading Goal: 120
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 15
Currently Reading: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC, USA

Post by lbhatters » 20 Apr 2018, 08:57

Helen_Combe wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 02:15
gali wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 02:13
Helen_Combe wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 02:03
I’ve only just discovered that I should have been adding the book of the day to my shelves.
Would it be possible to add some text to the giveaway page to remind people to add the book? Currently it keeps telling me that I’ve received a point for using bookshelves, even though I didn’t add the book.
You only have to add the BOTD to the Shelf if you participate in the Twitter program.
I believe I am participating in it, so a reminder for Twitter participants would be really helpful.
I just remember it's the second link in the email. I click on that one first thing, so I don't forget. Then I add the book, go back to my email or navigation and enter the program, read the review and comment, read the sample or book, then do twitter and finally all of the other posts . Then I never forget anything.

:reading-3:
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh

User avatar
Helen_Combe
Posts: 770
Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 12:17
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 203
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading: Evie's Unfairytale
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC
Location: Solihull, UK

Post by Helen_Combe » 20 Apr 2018, 09:00

lbhatters wrote:
I just remember it's the second link in the email. I click on that one first thing, so I don't forget. Then I add the book, go back to my email or navigation and enter the program, read the review and comment, read the sample or book, then do twitter and finally all of the other posts . Then I never forget anything.

:reading-3:
Good idea! I’m starting to remember them now. Before, I was working my way down the giveaway page and was missing the bookshelves every time :doh:
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.

Post Reply

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”