Social media [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Social media

Post by gali »

Shielasshi_93 wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 20:56
gali wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 08:38
Shielasshi_93 wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 08:32

I just checked and they're working.
Have you confirmed the sharing by clicking the buttons on the Giveaway Page?

Yep! Actually I was given points before however this past 2 months I guess, my popularity points were not moving unless I was given from my book review. Its just frustrating.
Do you participate daily in the Giveaway? Unless you were disqualified, you should get the points. Try to recheck the score to refresh the page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

gali wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 22:45
gali wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 08:38

Have you confirmed the sharing by clicking the buttons on the Giveaway Page?

Yep! Actually I was given points before however this past 2 months I guess, my popularity points were not moving unless I was given from my book review. Its just frustrating.
Do you participate daily in the Giveaway? Unless you were disqualified, you should get the points. Try to recheck the score to refresh the page.
I do, I always do. Can you please tell me how one aquires 4 points in sharing the giveaways in social media. My understanding is you'll get 4 points if you participate in 4 consecutive days. For example July 1,2,3,4 = 4 points, then July 5,6,7,8 = another 4 points. Is this how it works?
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Shielasshi_93 wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 01:10

I do, I always do. Can you please tell me how one aquires 4 points in sharing the giveaways in social media. My understanding is you'll get 4 points if you participate in 4 consecutive days. For example July 1,2,3,4 = 4 points, then July 5,6,7,8 = another 4 points. Is this how it works?
No, it's rolling numbers. You don't keep adding points. And you only retain them if you continue to do it every day. So 4 pts for July 1,2,3,4. Skip a day & those go away.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

CatInTheHat wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 05:46

No, it's rolling numbers. You don't keep adding points. And you only retain them if you continue to do it every day. So 4 pts for July 1,2,3,4. Skip a day & those go away.
Ahhh... okay. So there really is no point in doing this everyday because there is no point added, however, if we stop those points will "go away." What a messed up routine were doing here.
gali

Post by gali »

Shielasshi_93 wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 06:10
CatInTheHat wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 05:46

Ahhh... okay. So there really is no point in doing this everyday because there is no point added, however, if we stop those points will "go away." What a messed up routine were doing here.
There is a point as you got four bonus points you otherwise won't get. If your score is low, it will improve it. You need to do this daily to keep the bonus points.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Post by joynob24365 »

Hi,
Can someone send me the link where we can put our social media URLs? Recently my giveaway entries keep getting disqualified because they say my social media links aren't valid or something. It was fine before though... Anyway I can't find where we link our social media in this site. Can anyone tell me please?
gali

Post by gali »

joynob24365 wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 13:00 Hi,
Can someone send me the link where we can put our social media URLs? Recently my giveaway entries keep getting disqualified because they say my social media links aren't valid or something. It was fine before though... Anyway I can't find where we link our social media in this site. Can anyone tell me please?
It is on the Giveaway page, under the 'Social Profiles' tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Chelsea Elaine S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsea-elaine-s.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell

Post by Chelsea Elaine S »

I want to share my review to my Facebook, when I clicked on the Facebook icon I still need to enter my email add and password. The thing is, I forgot my password and I don't have access to my email that I used in Facebook. Is there another way that I can share it without having to log in my Facebook credentials? I appreciate the help 😊
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

Is it necessary to add a Tumblr account?
Debra Morgan
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debra-morgan.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Debra Morgan »

Quick question about other social media platforms: If someone has a YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, or other account, what would be the policy about mentioning Online Book Club there? Not as a sponsor or advertiser, but just in the general sense of throwing it out to subscribers to their channel/account?
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I shared my review on Facebook and my friends have been sharing, liking, and commenting on it but I don't receive any points. Anyone know why this is happening?
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Christell Lindeque wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 12:27 I shared my review on Facebook and my friends have been sharing, liking, and commenting on it but I don't receive any points. Anyone know why this is happening?
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! Are your friends commenting on your review on OBC? If they are interacting with it only on Facebook's website, the likes/comments on that post do not count towards your reviewer score.

Kindly let me know if I can clarify information or be of further assistance. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

Debra Morgan wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 00:44 Quick question about other social media platforms: If someone has a YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, or other account, what would be the policy about mentioning Online Book Club there? Not as a sponsor or advertiser, but just in the general sense of throwing it out to subscribers to their channel/account?
Hi Debra, I think it's in order to encourage your subscribers join this great book community forum. I believe they may want you to provide them a link, where they can check out OBC for themselves.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Debra Morgan
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debra-morgan.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Debra Morgan »

Reigning1 wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 15:20
Debra Morgan wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 00:44 Quick question about other social media platforms: If someone has a YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, or other account, what would be the policy about mentioning Online Book Club there? Not as a sponsor or advertiser, but just in the general sense of throwing it out to subscribers to their channel/account?
Hi Debra, I think it's in order to encourage your subscribers join this great book community forum. I believe they may want you to provide them a link, where they can check out OBC for themselves.
I would DEFINITELY throw in the link. I would like to be able to give folks a chance to join, whether for the books or the review team. I LOVE doing this and I want to share. Thank you for the information.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Debra Morgan wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 17:34
Hi Debra,

Thank you for commenting and providing advice about promoting book reviews on other social media platforms. Including the link to OBC is a great idea because this will help viewers access the page quickly and increase their chances of signing up. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”