Social media [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Social media

Post by gali »

Angeleve88 wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 03:07 How can i edit my twitter handler? I mistyped my twitter handler to "@Trisha888, but the correct twitter handler of mine is "@trisha_888. Please, help.... I can't claim my payout in twitter rewards program because of my incorrect twitter handler.
You can't and need to contact Scott about it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Angeleve88
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 615

Post by Angeleve88 »

Thank u for responding me.
And how to contact Scott?
gali

Post by gali »

Angeleve88 wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 02:01 Thank u for responding me.
And how to contact Scott?
Via the Contact Page.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by skindrukas »

Hey, I can't find a page where I put my social media names and links... Does anyone know how to get there?
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
nonamer_miss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonamer-miss.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by nonamer_miss »

I joined the facebook group but is still not accepted.
gali

Post by gali »

nonamer_miss wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 03:54 I joined the facebook group but is still not accepted.
They don't approve new profiles. If you profile is new, try again at a later date, or contact the mods there.
A retired Admin/Mod

nonamer_miss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonamer-miss.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by nonamer_miss »

gali wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 04:17
nonamer_miss wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 03:54 I joined the facebook group but is still not accepted.
They don't approve new profiles. If you profile is new, try again at a later date, or contact the mods there.
Thanks! :)
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

My husband hates social media so has access to them blocked on the family laptop. feel like I am being punished for this here. And running out of ideas on getting my reviewer score out of the negative.
amjohnson13
gali

Post by gali »

amjohnson13mommy wrote: 10 May 2019, 10:31 My husband hates social media so has access to them blocked on the family laptop. feel like I am being punished for this here. And running out of ideas on getting my reviewer score out of the negative.
There are other ways to improve your score such as posting on the forums and commenting on the BOTMs (after reading the books).
A retired Admin/Mod

amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:

Thank you for the advise. I have been doing my best to do both, but am starting to get a bit frustrated. Only two members have responded to anything I have to say.
I am a full time mom and spend every chance I get reading as this is what I love to do. Have been posting a lot this week hoping I can find others who feel the same. But is there anyone besides moderators who care what I say?
amjohnson13
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

amjohnson13mommy wrote: 10 May 2019, 12:46 Thank you for the advise. I have been doing my best to do both, but am starting to get a bit frustrated. Only two members have responded to anything I have to say.
I am a full time mom and spend every chance I get reading as this is what I love to do. Have been posting a lot this week hoping I can find others who feel the same. But is there anyone besides moderators who care what I say?
The moderators do their best to get to posts as soon as they can, and there are others that monitor the support threads as well.

It does take a while to get used to the organization of the site. You will have it all figured out in no time. Just keep reading and writing good reviews that follow the guidelines, and (as Gali said) comment on other people's reviews and BOTM. Eventually you will build up enough points from your review popularity that the social media points won't matter. If you have more specific questions, you are welcome to private message me if that would help.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:

Thank you very much for the great explanation and words of support.
amjohnson13
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

amjohnson13mommy wrote: 10 May 2019, 15:07 Thank you very much for the great explanation and words of support.
:tiphat:
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by skindrukas »

amjohnson13mommy wrote: 10 May 2019, 10:31 My husband hates social media so has access to them blocked on the family laptop. feel like I am being punished for this here. And running out of ideas on getting my reviewer score out of the negative.
You can also try doing some things on your smartphone. I don't even have a laptop atm (broken), smartphone is enough for participating in BOTD. I even find it easier to do stuff with social media on my smartphone than laptop.
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
Quickstudy
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quickstudy.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Quickstudy »

amjohnson13mommy wrote: 10 May 2019, 12:46 Thank you for the advise. I have been doing my best to do both, but am starting to get a bit frustrated. Only two members have responded to anything I have to say.
There are alot of us on this site to get our voices heard. I hear you and I am earger to read your ideas.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”