Unable to download from Amazon

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Unable to download from Amazon

Post by Helen_Combe »

Hi, I have a problem with the giveaways where we are required to download the book from Amazon. It is only available on Amazon.com and I’m registered to Amazon.co.uk.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

You can get the book for free from Smashwords:.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

Thank you, but to enter the raffle, I have to have an amazon receipt of the download.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
gali

Post by gali »

Helen_Combe wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 09:23 Thank you, but to enter the raffle, I have to have an amazon receipt of the download.
It is an error as the book on Amazon isn't free.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Helen_Combe
Currently Reading:

Post by Helen_Combe »

OK, thank you.
Lenny1886
Currently Reading: Sense and Sensibility
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lenny1886.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Lenny1886 »

gali wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 09:26
Helen_Combe wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 09:23 Thank you, but to enter the raffle, I have to have an amazon receipt of the download.
I’m having the same issue because I have an Amazon.ca account. I’m not sure what you mean by saying it’s an error. Today’s book is Everything Solid Has a Shadow and it says that it’s a free book to download from Amazon, and that in order to properly enter the raffle you will need proof by means of Amazon receipt that you downloaded it. I can see that it’s free on Amazon.com but I keep getting directed back to .ca where I cannot download it.
gali

Post by gali »

Lenny1886 wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 08:59
I’m having the same issue because I have an Amazon.ca account. I’m not sure what you mean by saying it’s an error. Today’s book is Everything Solid Has a Shadow and it says that it’s a free book to download from Amazon, and that in order to properly enter the raffle you will need proof by means of Amazon receipt that you downloaded it. I can see that it’s free on Amazon.com but I keep getting directed back to .ca where I cannot download it.
The post refereed to another BOTD.

Today's BOTD is free on Amazon.com and one should get it from there.

Try this thread for help: Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users.
A retired Admin/Mod

Lenny1886
Currently Reading: Sense and Sensibility
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lenny1886.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Lenny1886 »

gali wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 09:04
Lenny1886 wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 08:59

The post refereed to another BOTD.

Today's BOTD is free on Amazon.com and one should get it from there.

Try this thread for help: Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users.
Oh ok thank you! Sorry I didn’t notice the other thread :mrgreen2:
BadEditions
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badeditions.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by BadEditions »

I tried the instructions in that thread but it required a US address which I don't have. Does this mean I can't enter the giveaways?
gali

Post by gali »

BadEditions wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 14:12 I tried the instructions in that thread but it required a US address which I don't have. Does this mean I can't enter the giveaways?
Have you tried this? Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users.

When the book is free, you need to buy it from Amazon to participate in the Giveaway for that day. If you can't, you shouldn't enter the Giveaway that day.
A retired Admin/Mod

BadEditions
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badeditions.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by BadEditions »

gali wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 23:39
BadEditions wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 14:12 I tried the instructions in that thread but it required a US address which I don't have. Does this mean I can't enter the giveaways?
Have you tried this? Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users.

When the book is free, you need to buy it from Amazon to participate in the Giveaway for that day. If you can't, you shouldn't enter the Giveaway that day.
Yes, I've tried those instructions but unfortunately they didn't work. It's a bummer not be able to participate in all giveaways.
Thank you for your help.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”