About number of words in the book

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

About number of words in the book

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

When adding a book they have asked separately the number of words on the book. Instead of number of words cannot we put number of pages instead? Wouldn't that be effective?
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I think the issue with that is that the font can vary so greatly. Plus the number of words on a page can vary. So for example, a children's book could be 50 pages but there are only 10 words on each page...
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

kandscreeley wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 11:57 I think the issue with that is that the font can vary so greatly. Plus the number of words on a page can vary. So for example, a children's book could be 50 pages but there are only 10 words on each page...
True, if it is so, can't we also add in the number of pages icon as well, so it would be more effective when the viewer gets clear information about book.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Okay, I can see how BOTH would be helpful...
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
denizebookz
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denizebookz.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by denizebookz »

I am a newbie reviewing my second book. If I selected it but did not write down the number of WORDS, where do I get that total? I am reading Who Told You That You Were Naked: A Refreshing Reexamination of the Garden of Eden by William Combs. I am loading to my bookshelves for the first time.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

denizebookz wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 10:12 I am a newbie reviewing my second book. If I selected it but did not write down the number of WORDS, where do I get that total? I am reading Who Told You That You Were Naked: A Refreshing Reexamination of the Garden of Eden by William Combs. I am loading to my bookshelves for the first time.
You don't have to enter that info. That book should already be in the system anyways. Also note that you do not need to list the number of words in a review. Personally, I feel like that people do that when they can't think of enough to write about & are trying to reach the minimum word count. The exception would be for an extremely long book. Just my opinion. I feel the same thing when people list the publisher and copyright in the review.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”