Accessibility issues for vision impaired reviewer

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

CidyKane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cidykane.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Accessibility issues for vision impaired reviewer

Post by CidyKane »

Hi I’m a very new reviewer (I’ve just started my first book review) and I have a vision impairment and I am finding the web site a very confusing site to explore. Being reliant on a screen reader the ratio of instructions to actual actionable links presents as a bureaucratic maze. This effect is not helped by the what appears as redundant processes, such as updating the progress of a review after a week or there will be penalties. I would like to suggest a streamlining of the site with a particular emphasis on labeling links by their intuitive names. For example, if there is going to be “review updates” before a review is actually written as part of the process it would be very useful to have a link that is called “review update” as it would act as a reminder and be readily accessible to do. Anyway, I’ll only be reviewing the book I have selected and then leaving because this system doesn’t work for me and I thought I should say something constructive Incase it helps future vision impaired users.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”