About BOTD Entries

(Formerly the "Support, Feedback and Forum Announcements" forum.)
Please help us make Online Book Club even better! Please post suggestions, feedback and ideas for new features. Wild brainstorming and potentially 'crazy ideas' are super-strongly encouraged! :)

For new members (or old members who run into an issue), please make a post in this forum asking any questions you have about using the site and how it works that are not answered in the FAQ. Not only are we happy help you, but also we can use your feedback to make the site better for tomorrow's new member! A lot of the instructions throughout the site and answers in the FAQ are there because someone else pointed out that it wasn't clear before.

---

IMPORTANT: The Public Suggestion Box is NOT for discussing issues with the Review Team. If you are a reviewer and need help, please first check the Review Team Page and then if you still need help use the Review Team Support Forum. If you are an author and need help, please first check the Author Dashboard and if that does not resolve your issue use the private contact form. For reference, there is a contact link on every page of the website.

---

To ensure the above procedures are used, posts by new members in the Suggestion Box will be held for moderation.

There are over 240,000 members at OnlineBookClub.org. Following the proper procedures to get help or make suggestions actually helps us help you much faster.
Forum rules
Please do not discuss issues related to the Review Team in the Public Suggestion Box. If you have an issue or question related to the review Team, please check either the Author Dashboard (if you are an author or publisher), or check the Review Team Page (if you are a reviewer).
mamalui
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: About BOTD Entries

Post by mamalui » 30 Mar 2018, 12:20

My entries for yesterday just got disqualified too and two days prior my twitter entire was not seen. I thought I was the only one experiencing issues. It turns out that I'm not.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.

Misael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael.html
Latest Review: Alabaster Joe by Maximino Vega

Post by Misael » 01 Apr 2018, 01:51

Your reply summed up what I exactly feel about the disqualifications. I invested time in sharing/posting replies and to be disqualified and all your accumulated points gone just like that is very disheartening. I sure paled when I see that in my page.

Lunastella
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading: El baile de las luciérnagas
Bookshelf Size: 568
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunastella.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Lunastella » 28 May 2018, 19:06

My entries have been disqualified because of Pinterest too, but my link works fine on other computers. Any suggestions?

ButterscotchCherrie
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 104
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 61
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Currently Reading: The Jolliest Term on Record
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterscotchcherrie.html
Latest Review: Finding Paris A Menior of Hope by Paris Broker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ButterscotchCherrie » 29 May 2018, 01:51

Misael wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 01:51
Your reply summed up what I exactly feel about the disqualifications. I invested time in sharing/posting replies and to be disqualified and all your accumulated points gone just like that is very disheartening. I sure paled when I see that in my page.
Double check the address on your social media accounts. Click on the address that's there to see what the person clicking on it from there sees.

Rosebella
2018 Reading Goal: 80
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 63
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 224
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella » 02 Jun 2018, 12:00

MsTri wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 11:44
Two things:

One, I think we should have some way of quickly addressing mistakes made insofar as our BotD entries. For instance, if we DID Tweet a BotD but get disqualified because the moderator couldn't find it, we should be able to upload a screenshot of the tweet or something, since moderators can and DO make errors.

Two - and this is the biggest thing - if we DO get disqualified, perhaps we shouldn't get reset all the way to "0". How about just losing either one entry (for the one that was disqualified) or, at worst, the whole days' worth of entries (which can be anywhere between 1 and 7)? It takes about a month to get 200 entries, so to lose them ALL seems pretty unfair, and makes it difficult to want to recommend the site to others. Also, if an entry is disqualified for the First Ten reviews, it doesn't reset to "0", it just removes that one entry; doing the same for BotD would not only be fair, but also add balance across the board for the many activities here.
5 months down the line same story, different cast. I haven't seen Scott or moderators addressed a change in this issue. They say make suggestions to make OBC better, as long as it benefits them they less concerned.
I even recommended they mention, loss of other entries if one day's entries are disqualified in the little vague statement that cites disqualification to warn members of consequences. The moderator just skated round the issue. I know it probably won't be added and members will continue to rudely shocked.

gali
Site Admin
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 123
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 1874
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali » 02 Jun 2018, 13:17

Rosebella wrote:
02 Jun 2018, 12:00
MsTri wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 11:44
Two things:

One, I think we should have some way of quickly addressing mistakes made insofar as our BotD entries. For instance, if we DID Tweet a BotD but get disqualified because the moderator couldn't find it, we should be able to upload a screenshot of the tweet or something, since moderators can and DO make errors.

Two - and this is the biggest thing - if we DO get disqualified, perhaps we shouldn't get reset all the way to "0". How about just losing either one entry (for the one that was disqualified) or, at worst, the whole days' worth of entries (which can be anywhere between 1 and 7)? It takes about a month to get 200 entries, so to lose them ALL seems pretty unfair, and makes it difficult to want to recommend the site to others. Also, if an entry is disqualified for the First Ten reviews, it doesn't reset to "0", it just removes that one entry; doing the same for BotD would not only be fair, but also add balance across the board for the many activities here.
5 months down the line same story, different cast. I haven't seen Scott or moderators addressed a change in this issue. They say make suggestions to make OBC better, as long as it benefits them they less concerned.
I even recommended they mention, loss of other entries if one day's entries are disqualified in the little vague statement that cites disqualification to warn members of consequences. The moderator just skated round the issue. I know it probably won't be added and members will continue to rudely shocked.
No need to be disrespectful. Your questions were answered. Topic locked!
In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box”