BOTD Giveaway--Is anyone else seeing naked cat? (11-28-17)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

BOTD Giveaway--Is anyone else seeing naked cat? (11-28-17)

Post by tamdlyte »

I can see that a bunch of people have entered... except I can't enter the giveaway! I see the naked cat! I don't want to lose my accumulated points so this is creating a certain amount of anxiety! LOL
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by tamdlyte »

OK so now I'm back to "No Carryover Points" and a little irritated ,,, and depressed... what happened? Why only me? Why was I shut out? I'm now able to see the new daily giveaway entry for november 29,... everything back to normal... Ya, know? This is the second time I've lost my accumulated points due to...?
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

That's a good question. This is something you'll want to contact Scott about. I'm not sure why you didn't see the giveaway yesterday.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

tamdlyte wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 01:34 I can see that a bunch of people have entered... except I can't enter the giveaway! I see the naked cat! I don't want to lose my accumulated points so this is creating a certain amount of anxiety! LOL
How close to when you posted this did you experience that problem? The timestamp on the post is November 29th at 01:34 am EST, so it may have simply been too late to enter the November 28th giveaway.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
tamdlyte
Currently Reading:

Post by tamdlyte »

Interesting, because my timestamp on my post says November 28th, 2017 11:34pm... but that's neither here nor there because it was WELL before my post that I had been trying to enter... Hours before. I just did the post as a last resort before midnight to get some input.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

tamdlyte wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 14:21 Interesting, because my timestamp on my post says November 28th, 2017 11:34pm... but that's neither here nor there because it was WELL before my post that I had been trying to enter... Hours before. I just did the post as a last resort before midnight to get some input.
@tamdlyte Does the timestamp not have the timezone listed too? Are you in the EST timezone?

In any case, I have already extended the giveaway to go to 5am EST the following day (which based on what you've written previously in this topic would probably be 3am your time the following day). So it shouldn't be an issue moving forward. I have also added information to the giveaway page that shows everyone how many hours until the giveaway expires since we have members all over the world and things get confusing with timezones.

I have also credited you with the carryover entries before these changes were put in place.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
tamdlyte
Currently Reading:

Post by tamdlyte »

I don't see a timezone on my timestamp... (but I am in California so if your server is EST, and I'm PST, then there's a 3hr difference... so, 5am server time on EST would be 2am PST (California) time... just for the people's info that may be reading this in later days... ;)

But I'm so excited that we now have a server timeclock for the giveaway! Ever so much more helpful! :) BUT, be aware, I wasn't anywhere near that time cutoff frame... if midnight was the old cutoff time, and I posted at 11:30pm server time, after trying for hours to get into the giveaway, then that means there's still some other glitch going on and I don't know how to reproduce it so it can be fixed. (And that's for your info! LOL)

Thanks so much for putting me back into the running, too! Much appreciated.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”