Adding books to shelves (Retweet rewards)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

mohammedaslam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 258
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Adding books to shelves (Retweet rewards)

Post by mohammedaslam »

Dear Sir,
As per the new retweet rules, it is required to add books to your "want to read" or "rating shelf". I have been doing this even before it was mandatory. However, I have a question. There are times when a particular book (example - the panama canal expansion) is the book of the day for three or more times. Suppose, a given book is the book of the day for the first time and I add it to my want to read shelf. After some weeks the same book is the book of the day. in this case, I move the book to already read shelf with a particular rating. Now what to do if the same book becomes the book of the day for the third time. Since it is mandatory to move the books to an appropriate shelf, please provide help on this matter. Pleas reply fast.
Thank you.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

mohammedaslam wrote:Dear Sir,
As per the new retweet rules, it is required to add books to your "want to read" or "rating shelf". I have been doing this even before it was mandatory. However, I have a question. There are times when a particular book (example - the panama canal expansion) is the book of the day for three or more times. Suppose, a given book is the book of the day for the first time and I add it to my want to read shelf. After some weeks the same book is the book of the day. in this case, I move the book to already read shelf with a particular rating. Now what to do if the same book becomes the book of the day for the third time. Since it is mandatory to move the books to an appropriate shelf, please provide help on this matter. Pleas reply fast.
Thank you.
If the book is already in your read shelf, no need to move it again. Please read the info on your Twitter dashboard as it explains it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
reader mimi
Currently Reading: Warrior's Bride
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by reader mimi »

I am unable to add book to my shelves it keeps saying unknown error and i don't know what to do I'm new.
gali

Post by gali »

reader mimi wrote:I am unable to add book to my shelves it keeps saying unknown error and i don't know what to do I'm new.
What book are you trying to add?
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
reader mimi
Currently Reading: Warrior's Bride
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by reader mimi »

Trying to add the book of the day. I've not been able to add any of them
gali

Post by gali »

reader mimi wrote:Trying to add the book of the day. I've not been able to add any of them
The BOTDs are already on the Shelf. You add a book by using the "Add the book" option. You should go to the book page, choose the shelf you want to add it too (Want to read it or Not interested in reading), and then press on 'Add to shelf'.
A retired Admin/Mod

SimpleCoordinates
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SimpleCoordinates »

Does this website and twitter have different time because I don't remember ever failing to post before the 24hr passed, that includes adding the books in the shelves. But when I checked on the records on this site it says I've placed the book on the following day so it's not counted.
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

Hello,

I don't understand this new retweet rules, I haven't heard it in fact, can someone tell me where to read more about it?
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
gali

Post by gali »

Doaa Wael wrote:Hello,

I don't understand this new retweet rules, I haven't heard it in fact, can someone tell me where to read more about it?
This is only for the twitter program. Are you in the twitter program? If you are, your Twitter dashboard covers it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”