UK Gift Card

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

UK Gift Card

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Hello, I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.. I received the gift card for doing the first ten :) but the gift card is for .com which cannot be used on UK sites, has anyone else encountered this?
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

The gift cards for the first ten are only for Amazon.com. It says so on the First Ten page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Yeah I read that, but I didn't realise it couldn't be used at the sites ending .uk, .ie or anywhere else until I read it on the Amazon site. I just assumed it would be in USD and convert to GBP.
I guess that's the same for the daily giveaway too?
Ah well, I still enjoy the first ten.

Is there any plans to include gifts/prizes for those that use the site that aren't based in the USA?
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Gingerbo0ks wrote:Yeah I read that, but I didn't realise it couldn't be used at the sites ending .uk, .ie or anywhere else until I read it on the Amazon site. I just assumed it would be in USD and convert to GBP.

Is there any plans to include gifts/prizes for those that use the site that aren't based in the USA?
Yes, it is the same for the daily giveaway.

I don't think there are any plans to use sites that aren't based in the USA.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Gingerbo0ks wrote:Yeah I read that, but I didn't realise it couldn't be used at the sites ending .uk, .ie or anywhere else until I read it on the Amazon site. I just assumed it would be in USD and convert to GBP.

This may seem like a long and complex process but here is what i do with the gift cards i have earned. There is this site purse.io which converts giftcards in to Bitcoins you can later use those Bitcoins to buy something from Amazon.uk or convert the Bitcoins into cash. I live in India so it is Amazon.in here. I have used purse.io to convert the .com gift cards into Bitcoins and then purchase things from amazon.in. You should visit their site and read the FAQ. The site has been completely safe and satisfying for me. I have made around 10 or so transactions.

P.s. I hope I am not violating any rules by writing the site name. If i am doing so, i dont think this post should be removed as OBC has people from all over the world and they may need a solution for this problem as well.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

That's really interesting. That could be useful to other users of the site too.
I've used the card already on the US site, will see if I get stung with any customs charges.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Wasif Ahmed wrote:

This may seem like a long and complex process but here is what i do with the gift cards i have earned. There is this site purse.io which converts giftcards in to Bitcoins you can later use those Bitcoins to buy something from Amazon.uk or convert the Bitcoins into cash. I live in India so it is Amazon.in here. I have used purse.io to convert the .com gift cards into Bitcoins and then purchase things from amazon.in. You should visit their site and read the FAQ. The site has been completely safe and satisfying for me. I have made around 10 or so transactions.

P.s. I hope I am not violating any rules by writing the site name. If i am doing so, i dont think this post should be removed as OBC has people from all over the world and they may need a solution for this problem as well.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually interested in converting my gift card to cash for direct transfer (hope it's not a problem?) Does this follow the same process of converting to bitcoins first or are there other ways of doing so?
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Lincolnshirelass
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Gingerbo0ks wrote:Hello, I tried searching but couldn't find an answer.. I received the gift card for doing the first ten :) but the gift card is for .com which cannot be used on UK sites, has anyone else encountered this?
I'm UK based too, and if I'm drawn out (or whatever happens!) please pass my reward onto the next person who can use it :wink:
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

You can still use it @lincolnshirelass you just have to use the American site and pay postage :)
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I'm surprised to hear all these issues with people not living in the United States. Based on a lot of what I read on this site, I assumed the majority of people are not from the US.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”