Disqualification (winning daily give away)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Disqualification (winning daily give away)

Post by jedreid »

I'm a new user and recently won the daily give away but got disqualified due to wrong twitter handler.. i didn't notice or i never bothered to notice since unlike with other social accounts it wasn't pointed out that i need to enter my twittet handler before i can earn that entry (or i just didn't notice? ?). it's quite disappointing since i really did the task diligently but rules are rules noh?

anyways, it would be nice to be notified of such mistake beforehand to avoid this situation or to get a chance to correct it before disqualification for those who really put an effort but being careless.

thank you!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

jedreid wrote:I'm a new user and recently won the daily give away but got disqualified due to wrong twitter handler.. i didn't notice or i never bothered to notice since unlike with other social accounts it wasn't pointed out that i need to enter my twittet handler before i can earn that entry (or i just didn't notice? ?). it's quite disappointing since i really did the task diligently but rules are rules noh?

anyways, it would be nice to be notified of such mistake beforehand to avoid this situation or to get a chance to correct it before disqualification for those who really put an effort but being careless.

thank you!
I am sorry for your disappointment, but it is pointed out on the Giveaway page. You were asked to connect your Social Accounts for Book of the Day Giveaways on the Giveaway page (Social profiles tab), and you should have given the correct accounts. How can your sharing be checked if you gave the wrong twitter handler??
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

it's really a careless mistake on my part... this is one of those times i can't notice what's wrong unless pointed out.. lesson learned! i'm trying again but this time with correct twitter handler! ??? I love it here so i won't ever give up!✌

-- 18 Sep 2017, 23:30 --

it's really a careless mistake on my part... this is one of those times i can't notice what's wrong unless pointed out.. lesson learned! i'm trying again but this time with correct twitter handler! ??? I love it here so i won't ever give up!✌
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

jedreid wrote:it's really a careless mistake on my part... this is one of those times i can't notice what's wrong unless pointed out.. lesson learned! i'm trying again but this time with correct twitter handler! ??? I love it here so i won't ever give up!✌

-- 18 Sep 2017, 23:30 --

Good luck! :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”